Pre and Post Eyebrows transplantation? Explain the process to me please.

Things to do during research period, what to ask from my doctor? how to decide the right shape for my face ? I'm very lousy in drawing them and I want the perfect shape ever. post the surgery? how long it takes to heal? scabs and bleeding , puffiness and bruising if possible?

Artistry and Eyebrows

Choosing a full-time hair restoration surgeon who has great artistic ability is very important to achieve the results you desire. There are less than 100 full-time hair restoration surgeons in the USA. Look at a lot of before and after pictures of eyebrow restoration. All the questions you list, you should ask of the surgeon. Check carefully online reviews and find the most experienced doctor.

Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

Eyebrow transplant

An eyebrow transplant works pretty much the same as a head hair transplant procedure would. First you would have a consultation during which a likely cause of your hair loss will be determined and a plan for an effective treatment regimen will be started. 

After making sure that you are a good candidate for an eyebrow transplant,we will first determine a donor area that hair can be extracted from. This donor area typically resides along the rear or side regions of the patient’s scalp, the same area that would be used for any hair transplant.

Once we have extracted the required amount of hair, we transplant individual follicular units in the desired areas, to restore bald areas and create a natural-looking eyebrow.

It is very important that your transplanted hairs for your eyebrows are done in a way that harmonizes well with your eyes. Once we harvest the hair we will also make sure that is implanted at the right angle to replicate original growth.

Because the transplanted hair will come from the back of the head, it also requires us to match natural colour of the area being transplanted. These hairs will initially grow faster and will require trimming for the 1st year or two. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow shape

The design of eyebrows are done with your doctor at the time of the transplant. Bring some photos of eyebrows you like and work from these photos as the design is make

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon