Should I pay for whole syringe of Voluma or the just amount used?

I had around 1 ml voluma in cheeks today in Delhi ,what I m curious about is that syringe was of 2 ml and why did I made to pay for whole syringe. I think we should pay for the amount we have used since its a very expensive filler .

Voluma Injections

Unlike botox that is priced per unit, Voluma (and many other fillers) are usually priced per syringe. This means that no matter how much product is needed to give you the result that you are trying to achieve, the entire syringe is yours. This is because syringes can’t be shared amongst patients for sanitary purposes. It’s important to discuss a plan with your physician before they perform Voluma injections, so that you know what to expect in terms of cost and how much product they expect to use during your treatment.

Voluma

The price of Voluma is based per syringe, not per amount used. This is in order to ensure the patient's safety.  Since you paid for the whole syringe you may want to ask the injector if there are other areas of the face that may benefit from the treatment.

Camille Cash, MD

Voluma

The syringe comes in 1 ml syringes.  Due to patient safety and that there are no preservatives in the material, you must buy/use the whole syringe.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Voluma

In the U.S., Voluma comes packaged in 1cc syringes. Syringes cannot be shared between patients for health and safety reasons, so yes, patients pay for an entire syringe. An experienced injector will be able to assess the amount needed and should be able to use the entire syringe on different areas of the face if necessary.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Sharing Voluma Syringe

Due to the risk of transmitting diseases you should not share fillers or any injectable products with another person.  This means that once a syringe of filler (in this case Voluma) is opened, then you should be the only person who uses that syringe of Voluma.  Do not "share the syringe" with friends or relatives to save on costs. If you are using Voluma to address the cheeks and have a little "leftover" there is always some place that could benefit from the remaining Voluma.

Craig B. Boswell, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

2 cc Voluma Syringe?

Voluma comes in 1 cc syringes, with two to a box.
We don't charge for the whole box but we do charge for the whole syringe as we cannot use any remainder for another patient.

There are always other places where even a little Voluma can benefit an aging face, so there are almost never any "leftovers."

Michael A. Greenberg, MD
Elk Grove Village Dermatologist

Cost of Voluma

Hi, anudelhi.  Voluma comes in 1cc syringe.  In one box of Voluma, there are two syringes.  Usually Voluma is sold by each syringe.  If you have any question/concern about your pricing, you need to talk with your plastic surgeon/dermatologist.

Voluma per syringe

Thank you for sharing your question. In the US, Voluma is only available in one cc syringes. We do sell by the syringe as we do not share syringes between patients.

Voluma syringe

The box of Voluma contains 2 1cc syringes. Most people will charge by syringe not the box however most experienced injectors will be able to find good use for any full syringe

Shelley Halper, MD
Hinsdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Paying for a full syringe

Thank you for your question. Voluma is sold only in 1 mL syringes, not 2 mL.  That means that if your injector used an entire syringe for you then you received 1 mL. I would suggest contacting your physician injector to discuss this perceived discrepancy. As always, it is best to have a firm understanding of the amount of material that will be used and the costs prior to being injected. 

Alix J. Charles, MD
Hinsdale Dermatologic Surgeon