I Broke my Nose About a Month Ago, Will OHIP Cover the Surgery Needed to Fix It?

Hi, I am 19 years old, male and live in Ontario, Canada. About a month ago, I broke my nose playing baseball. My nose is now crooked and is causing breathing issues. If I wanted to get surgery to fix my broken nose will OHIP cover this? I am also not sure how to address this problem to OHIP, do I call them myself or do I go to my family doctor or plastic surgeon? Thanks Doctors

Difficulty breathing

If you are having difficulty breathing and is related to trauma then your insurance should cover the necessary treatment.  

Best of Luck,
An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi

Breathing Problems after Nasal Trauma

Breathing problems after nasal trauma that can be addressed with surgery are usually covered by insurance in the US.