Minoxidil for Recipient area

I got hair transplantation for temples area both side and my recipient area also somewhat thick only but I want to increase density of my hair( recipient area) by using minoxidil only(don't want to take finesteride). But minoxidil will help for recipient area?? and if we stop use minoxidil.new hair will lose or existing hair also?

Minoxidil

Minoxidil will help keep the native hair on any hair that is thinning, even in the temporal areas.  For the best effective, apply it 2x daily. Minoxidil is not nearly as effective as Propecia but the drug isn't extremely effective in the temporal areas.  I recommend adding laser therapy and possibly PRP as well.  The medical synergy will likely give you the best outcome.

It is not typical or a requirement to use minoxidil on the recipient area. If your doctor recommended this it is

It is not typical or a requirement to use minoxidil on the recipient area.  If your doctor recommended this it is best to discuss the treatment with your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Minoxidil for recipient area

If you want to increase the density of the hair in the recipient area, using minoxidil will help the thickness and caliber of the transplanted hair, but to increase the amount of hairs (i.e. density) in the area you will need more hair transplanted in this area.  Yes, if you start the minoxidil and stop it, you will lose your native (non transplanted hair) over time. The transplanted hair may thin but should not fall out.

Craig L. Ziering, DO
West Hollywood Hair Restoration Surgeon

Minoxidil on recipient area

I experimented with minoxidil on recipient area on one side and not on the other. There was not difference between the growth on either side. I did this on many patients

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon