When is the earliest I can use hair concealer fiber like Caboki/Toppik after hair transplant surgery?

Topical after Surgery

It is best to wait about a week or until the scabs have healed and the grafts are securely in place before applying a topical to the scalp. It can be difficult to wash the Toppik out so it is best to wait until the grafts are in place so there is no chance of rubbing them out when washing off the Toppik. However its always best to discuss with your hair transplant surgeon.

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

You can use concealers a few days after surgery. However you should check with your doctor before doing this.

You can use concealers a few days after surgery.  However you should check with your doctor before doing this.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Caboki/Toppik after hair transplant surgery?

I recommend patients wait until 3-5 days to begin to use Caboki or Toppik on the scabs, remembering to be gentle with hair washing is effect. Ideally you should wait until all the scabs are off so you can clean your scalp well when washing without fear of disturbing the grafts.

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair fibers

I would ask the hair restoration surgeon who performed your procedure for his/her recommendations. Typically I allow my patients to use hair fibers no earlier than 7 days after a transplant.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Use of concealers after a hair transplant

Use of concealers after a hair transplant is ok one week after all of the crusts have been washed off. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Using Topik post hair transplant

I typically tell my patients they may begin using TOPIK on day 3 after their hair transplant procedure.  Be sure to ask your physician as instructions do vary from doctor to doctor.