How many tubes of Restylane/Juvederm would I need to get for my lips to my reference picture on the right? (Photos)

Please take a look at my lips right now, and my reference picture to see how many vials I would need Thankyou. (And I do want a dramatic change not a subtle change. I was born with tiny lips. It gives me anxiety looking at my side profile there is nothing there. I have seen people I know get injections but have had big lips to begin with and I was wondering how much restylane or juvederm I would need to get the desired picture on the right. Or close to it. I plan on getting implants later on.

Lip Filler - Microcannula for Bruiseless Experience

Thank you for sharing your question and photo. When it comes to lips, I usually recommend starting with less filler initially and adding more if your desired aesthetic has not been obtained. In my practice, I usually start with 1 syringe of filler for the lips. It is important to ensure that your lips look natural and still fit the proportions of your face. I strongly recommend you consult with a board-certified specialist who will be able to evaluate you in person and discuss realistic outcomes. Best of luck with your treatment.

I want plump, but natural lips.

Thank you for sharing your question. You would likely get the results you desire with 1 syringe of Restylane and 1 syringe of Restylane Silk. See an experienced injector for best results. Good luck.

Lip Enhancement Goals

Hi Holly. Thanks for your question. It's important to understand that you may not get the lips that you posted in the picture next to yours, however, you can get the best volumized version of your lips given the structure that you already have. A dramatic volumization is a possibility and you will probably need at least 2 syringes to get to where you want to be. I would always use one syringe at a time as it is always easier to add more than to take away. Make sure you find an experienced physician injector and communicate your goals with them clearly. Hope this helps!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

How Many Syringes for Full Lips

Hi Holly.  The number of syringes will vary from patient to patient and we normally inject one syringe at a time until a patient has achieved the fullness they are looking for.  In your situation, it may be 2-4 syringes and we use Restylane and Restylane silk, which is specifically designed for the lips.

Your best bet is to find an injector that has the skills to achieve what you desire and go from there, one syringe at a time.

To see patients that have had lip injections at our Orange, CA office, click on the link below.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

I suggest voluma to get this type of volume and likely you will need a few syringes.  Please see an expert.  Fat is also an option.  Best, Dr. Emer.

How many tubes of Juvederm will I need in my lips?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs. I think you will ultimately need one syringe for both your upper and lower lip to reach your goal picture.  In order to avoid excessive swelling, place half of a syringe in each lip initially and then allow your results to mature for 2-3 weeks before placing a second round of filler into each.  Hope this helps.

How many tubes of Restylane/Juvederm would I need to get for my lips to my reference picture on the right?

It is not possible to estimate the number of syringes you will need to achieve the photos you have submitted. Make sure to see a very experienced physician injector for a recommendation. I personally do not like the appearance of the lips in the "after" photo as there is distortion of the lip structures and the look is not particularly aesthetic.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Desired lip fullness with Juvederm

You will need 2 syringes for the look you are seeking. I would get one syringe and get the 2nd several weeks later.
Dr H Karamanoukian

Lip enlargement syringes?

I feel that 2 syringes would probably get you there. I would do them a separate visits spaced about 2-3 weeks apart. Don't get implants. Most people don't like them and get them out. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Two Syringes of Juvederm or Restylane to acheive Desired Lip fullness

Dear hollyjh, You will most likely need to have 1 and 1/2 or 2 syringes of filler to achieve the desired fullness you are looking for. You may want to start with one syringe and then go back and have a secondary syringe added in a few months. I would warn you against getting lip implants. There are different looks that become popular through the years and now we are seeing fuller lips. However, like a tweezed brow and full brow and different styles of make up, know these trends change so do not do anything that will leave you with irreversible results. I also think you have a slightly distorted view of your lips when you say they are tiny. They are actually not thin or tiny and with some filler you should have a very nice result. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD