Dizziness after a facelift 10 months ago?

Had a facelift 10 months ago. I am off balance and dizzy. I'm extremely forgetful. I'm dizzy and off balance. My face and neck still feels like it's in a vice but having much less pain. The nerves in my head rear up more at night. My ears are muffled at times mostly the right side. My vision is sensitive to light- sometimes blurry, and must wear sunglasses. I've seen 4 neurologists, 2 ENTs, Eye Doctor, 3 GPs. No solutions from them. Have tingling in hands and feet. Is there help for me?

Dizziness following facelfit surgery.

Prolonged dizziness is not recognized as a frequent complication following facelfit surgery.  Conceivably On occasion it can be contributed to by a blood collection pooling in the eardrum at the time of surgery which goes unrecognized and results in a complete impaction of the outer ear.  However, you have been evaluated by ENT physicians and this possibility, I am sure, has been ruled out.  At this time the most likely explanation is that the symptoms are coincident with the facelift and not caused by the surgery.  Mario J. Imola,  MD, DDS, FRCSC, FACS.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dizziness and systemic symptoms after facelift

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.
The symptoms that you describe are not likely to be related to your face lift. The planes of work are far away from the deep nerves that seem to be affected in your case.  Neurological consultation may be your best resource to find the cause of your problems
Wishing you the best in your journey

Pre existing condition

I don't think the facelift is the cause of your problems, but it could've triggered at least a portion of your symptoms in which the condition was pre existing. The recovery from your surgery could've triggered the perpetuation of arthritis symptoms resulting in cervical vertigo, but it does not explain forgetfulness, vision or hearing pronblems. It's best to get continued work up by ENT and neurology.

Brian K. Machida, MD, FACS
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dizziness after facelift...

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues; however, as a board certified head and neck surgeon/ ENT and a facial plastic surgeon, I cannot think of a reasonable explanation to link your symptoms with a facelift performed 10 months prior. Pursue an ENG/VNG (nystagmogram) and an MRI of the brain from your ENT provider if not already performed as part of your dizziness work up. Good luck to you!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dizziness and other symptoms after a facelift.

Dizziness and other symptoms after a facelift. The symptoms you describe are not related to any direct mechanical effects from the actual performance of a facelift. What you were experiencing are vague constitutional but regional symptoms that may be  coincidental or related to lingering affects from anesthesia or medication you may have been given. I would definitely follow up with other opinions from noted otolaryngologists and  neurologists  in order to get to the bottom of your  complaints.

Randal Haworth, MD, FACS