How Much Does a Mini Lift Cost?

i found the descriptions of mini lift procedure fit my need for moderate facelifting. can a doctor offer a price or cost range for the mini face lifting surgery?

4000-6000

If you are paying more than $6000, you are probably paying too much or you are getting more than a mini lift.

Niagara Falls Plastic Surgeon

How much does a mini-lift cost?

The range of pricing for a mini facelift will vary considerably based upon the training and expertise of your surgeon. Luke all plastic surgery procedures, there are ways to cut corners that could compromise safety and outcomes.  If you are making a permanent change to your face or body, do your research carefully and don't make your decision  based exclusively on a low price.

As you might expect, a mini-facelift is appropriate for patients with mild skin laxity localized to the lower face. It is not an adequate procedure for a patient who desires a significant correction of their neck contour. Mini-facelift incisions are usually limited to the area in front of and immediately behind the ear, whereas with a full face and neck lift the incisions normally extend into or in front of the temporal scalp (sideburn area) and along the occipital hairline behind the ear. A mini-facelift is appropriate for a relatively young facial rejuvenation surgery patient (usually in their 30’s to 40’s) who does not have deep nasolabial folds or marionette lines, does not have full jowls, and does not have major neck aging changes that require a full face and neck lift.

Your midface is aging very gracefully: you have a fairly smooth contour at the junction of the lower lid and cheek, a full and youthful-appearing cheek volume, and very mild nasolabial folds. In neutral expression the corners of your mouth are slightly upturned, which also is a youthful feature. So you do not need treatment of the midface, as would be accomplished by a more extensive High-SMAS face and neck lift.

I think that you would get the most for your investment of time and money from a lower face and neck lift procedure, with lateral tightening of the lower SMAS and platysma to create the most dramatic contour enhancement at the junction of face and neck. You have little to no fat excess in the area below your jawline, and while one would need to evaluate you in person to confirm this, it is quite possible that the rejuvenation of your jawline and neck could be accomplished from a lateral approach only, i.e. without a submental (below the chin) incision, and without a midline platysmaplasty (suturing the platysma muscles together in the midline).

Simultaneous structural fat grafting is now fairly routine in most facial rejuvenation surgeries, particularly among surgeons who strive to create truly youthful and natural-appearing results. While you do not have significant lower facial soft tissue atrophy, you definitely would benefit - as most facelift patients do - from fat grafting of the area below the corners of your mouth (which tend to gradually deepen into ‘marionette lines’) and the anterior jawline (the area between the chin and jowl which tends to become hollow over time). This will help to both turn the clock back and help your surgical results to be more long-lasting.

A tip regarding the surgical scars: you have a hairstyle that will conceal your incisions while they are healing, but ultimately you want to be able to wear your hair up or pulled back with confidence. Make sure the surgeon you select can show you close-up ‘before and after’ photographs of the ears, so that you have confidence that your face and neck lift scars will most likely be faint to invisible, with no distortion of the natural contours of your ears.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Cost for a mini lift

The cost for mini lift is quite variable and it depends upon the 3 components: These are surgeon's fee, anesthesia doctor's fee, and operating room fee. Remember a mini lift tends to give mini results, so make sure you're performing the right operation for the right set of circumstances. For many examples of face lifting results, please see the link below to our facelift photo gallery.

Mini facelift

Mini facelifts will range in cost from about $5000 and up. Costs will vary with geography, surgeon characteristics (fellowship trained in cosmetics vs residency training only) and the specific type of lift you need (there are many). 

The key issue here is selecting the proper procedure for your needs though, and even though one may desire a mini lift, that may not be the exact correct procedure for them. Specific aspects beyond a mini lift (the neck) can be strategically and specifically addressed to blur the lines between a mini and full lift, which is often the case. 

Traditional facelifts are usually in the $15,000 range for what most consider a "full facelift." 

Where I trained in Los Angeles, one of the surgeons charged over $100,000 for some lifts, but I came to find out those lifts were no different than the others I saw in fellowship, they just took much longer. That was an excellent example of a perceived value, patients thought it was better because it cost more. 

The cost of the lift should be based on the amount of procedure necessary to meet your individual needs. 

You should be able to see lots of before and after photos from your surgeon, you should be able to call other patients who have had the procedure, and your surgeon should have a good reputation with his or her physician colleagues and patients. 

Fellowship training is important, surgeons simply do not perform enough cases in residency. A plastic surgeon may have seen (not performed) 5 facelifts in residency training and be board certified, as there is no minimum on that individual procedure, but a fellowship trained surgeon will likely have added 40-50 or more facelifts to that baseline training. There is no substitute for the focused fellowship training. 

Fellowship training for me means that I trained on a large number of procedures and learned to approach rejuvenation in many different ways. That means each lift I perform is different and individualized. It also means each is proficient and efficient, allowing the use of local anesthesia only when appropriate. 

Facelifts utilizing mainly local anesthesia, often with some mild to moderate sedation, mean safer procedures and faster recovery at home versus staying in the hospital, but they take a skilled surgeon to perform. 

To ensure you are receiving the highest level of care, seek out a modernly trained, new-school dermatologic surgeon, oculoplastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who is board certified and fellowship trained in one of these "core four" cosmetic specialties.

Cameron Chesnut
#realself500 Physician

Cameron Chesnut, MD, FAAD, FACMS
Spokane Dermatologic Surgeon

It can vary

With Concept™ Facelift we have combined different surgical techniques and latest innovations to perform the latest local anaesthetic facelift by minimising the scar, and reducing the bruising and downtime. The consequence is the achievement of a fresh, natural looking you with long lasting results.

The cosmetic procedure is similar to a mini facelift as it is performed with a short scar that runs in front of the ear, down to the ear lobe and tucked behind the ear. There will be no dressings or drains afterwards. This is performed as a day case, walk in-walk out procedure with minimal bruising and downtime.

Our base price for our Concept Facelift is £6000 - although an accurate quote can be done at the time of consultation. All the best for your discovery of information to get your desired result.

Cost of Mini Lift--West Palm Beach

As with all surgery, the cost varies with area of the country, experience and reputation of the surgeon, type of anesthesia, surgical facility, and extent of the surgery.  I apply the name "mini lift" to a very limited cheek (and sometimes neck) lift procedure that I perform in my office surgical suite under local anesthesia.  The patient does have the option of having IV sedation at an outpatient surgery center.  At these two venues, the average cost would range from $3,600 up to $6,000, all inclusive of the surgeon's fee, anesthesiologist's fee, and surgical facility charges.  It all depends on just what the patient needs and wants.  Sometimes a really minimal "tuck" might be even less.

Richard G. Schwartz, MD

Mini FaceLifts cost between $6000-8500 under local anesthesia.

Mini Facelifts are very popular and just what many patients need for roughly $6000-8500 and done under local anesthesia with less downtime and risks involved. It is still surgery though.  Sincerely,

David Hanen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Cost of Minilift.

Minilift costs can vary from different parts of the country.  The costs can vary from 5000-15000 depending on who you go to.  The most important thing is going to someone who has results that are shown in their before and after books.

Benjamin Bassichis, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Costs of a minilift or minimally invasive facelift procedure

The price for this type of procedure varies significantly depending upon where in the country you are located. The price in our part of Florida I've seen ranges from around 5500 to 7500 dollars. Our price including anesthesia, facility and professional fees is around 6550. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost for a mini-lift in Colorado

We offer a couple different options for a mini-lift. The first option is to be done in our office under local anesthesia, this procedure typically takes about 3.5 hours and can be done in combination with a blepharoplasty or by itself, the cost for that is right around $6,000. The second option is to be done at an out patient surgical center under general anesthesia and again can be combined with another procedure or done by itself.  Because of the cost of the room and anesthesiologist, the price for this option is right around $8,750. We also offer another option that produces amazing results similar to a mini-lift called J-Plasma. This is a fairly new technique that we are excited to bring to the Grand Valley. To see our results or read some testimonials please visit our website.

Duane O. Hartshorn, MD
Grand Junction Facial Plastic Surgeon