How Much Does an SMAS Facelift Cost?

Price of SMAS Facelift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I prefer the term 'facial rejuvenation' over the more antiquated term 'facelift', as many patients that I see who seek a more youthful and refreshed facial appearance undergo a set of surgical procedures very different from what would have been considered a 'facelift' twenty-five years ago.

The word 'rejuvenation' means, literally, 'to make young again'. In each individual, different facial changes occur with age. One person may be unhappy with 'baggy eyelids', while another has 'droopy eyebrows'. One person may be troubled by 'jowls' in the lower face, while another would like an improvement in their 'floppy neck'.

Surgical treatment of facial aging changes must therefore be carefully individualized to match each patient's aesthetic needs and desires. No two 'facelifts', by necessity, are the same. In helping a patient to make decisions about plastic surgery for facial rejuvenation, I always examine and assess how each aesthetic area or 'unit' of the face contributes to an individual's overall appearance: the brows and eyelids, the cheeks or 'midface', the lower face and chin, and the neck. An individualized surgical plan is then developed which addresses each patient's specific concerns and needs.

Therefore, the price of a facelift will depend on exactly what each person needs and the time required to perform surgery. To select a plastic surgeon, take your time researching , visiting websites, view many, many before and after photos and speak to former patients.

Beware of doctors who discount their fees. Discounting the value of professional services, especially surgery, is not good marketing - it is a sign of desperation. The best plastic surgeons are still busy in this contracting economy, and they are not discounting their fees. At the same time, the most expensive surgeon is not necessarily the most talented, so as a consumer you still have to research this carefully. There is much more to consider than just the price in dollars that you pay: is your surgeon actually listening to you, do they truly understand the appearance that you hope to achieve, do you feel that he or she will be easily available and attentive once the surgery has been performed. If you don't have a good feeling, don't stick around to 'save money', go somewhere else.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

SMAS facelift cost

I completely agree with Drs. Placik and Rand. Your question implies an ability to purchase the same SMAS Facelift product from multiple vendors at great savings.

That is NOT the case.

Facelifts can be divided into
- Skin only lifts,
- SMAS Face lifts and
- Deep lifts.
Each one of these groups is made up of MANY different procedures - each aimed at a particular patient. There is NO WAY that a patient who REQUIRES a SMAS or a Deeper Facelift for a good cosmetic result would be significantly benefited by a skin only Facelift (usually advertised with catchy names like LunchTime, Feather, Daytime etc).

The procedure best suited for you would best be determined by a board certified Plastic surgeon (www.PlasticSurgery.org). I would encourage you to see several and judge for yourself which one you feel most comfortable with. THAT would be the best way to save yourself money and regret in the future.

Facelift costs

A facelift can vary from just a necklift to a full facelift with a necklift. The cost is around $6-8000 depending on what you want done. The recovery takes about 2 weeks, but the results can last 10-15 years! Check out some before and after pictures to get an idea of what you want. Good luck!

HOW MUCH DOES A SMAS FACELIFT COST? $6,900 IS MY FEE

First be sure to see a board certified surgeon who specializes in facelift.  I suggest you try to be at optimum weight.  The SMAS procedure should be part of any facelift if you are over 45  to insure a long lasting result. This is the minute lifting of the cheek muscle under the skin;  very special work taken here to balance and to be sure it looks natural.   Usually, I suggest if you are looking for a fulll facelift to include the following: See below.   My fee is $6,900 USD. All my surgeries are performed in the Guadalupano Hospital in Celaya City with a 3 night private hospital room stay. If complications were to occur usually it is in the first 48 hours so to be sent home...and not be in a hospital is not the best option. I come to see my patients in their hospital room; remove their drains and clear them for the drive to my private retreat . The following 6 nights; are spent at my 4 STAR retreat l,900 additional in San Miguel de Allende.   I come to the retreat for follow up and to remove sutures . You are monitored by our profesional staff    FULL FACELIFT includes:  1. temporal forehead lift 2. upper/lower eyelids 3. mid face 4. neck lift 5. SMAS procedure

6. We can add for $600 additional lip fat transplants and upper/lower lip dermabrasion $600 additional at the same time a the facelift surgery.  I like to make this decsion at consult when I see you. We will agree as to the beneft for you. I LISTEN TO MY PATIENT.

How Much Does a SMAS Facelift Cost?

A great number of factors form the cost of a facelift - country, city, level of facility, surgeon's training and reputation, anesthesya fee, complexity of the surgery itself, one overnight stay at a hospital with all visits before and after surgery, possibility for revisions, etc.
Finally, the total cost of a facial surgery will reflect a combination of supposed procedures.

Face lift could be skin only face lift, or SMAS face lift or Deep plane face lift. In our clinic the range is anywhere 7 000 to 14 000 $. These are all inclusive prices. 

I will kindly remind you that looking for the lowest price is not the better approach when it comes to surgery.
I hope this will help...

The Approximate Cost of a Facelift

The #price of a #Facelift is always a concern when deciding whether or not to have a cosmetic procedure. Patients’ needs and goals vary, so there is no fixed price for a facelift. The contributing factors to the cost of a facelift include the surgeon’s fee, facility fee, medication cost and the anesthesia fee. Estimated fees may also be found here on Real Self, and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery website, Surgery.org, or PlasticSurgery.org.
Secondly, your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. I suggest you view before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

The price of a facelift

This is a very difficult question to answer. There are so many factors that go into the cost of a facelift because each surgeon's training, reputation, revision rates, and geographic location is different as is each patient's face, skin elasticity, and method of aging.  

Many patients assume they are getting the same type of facelift and pricing different surgeons, and in reality, there really isn't another way to do this if finances are your top priority. If results, outcomes, lack of complications, and lack of revision, is your top priority then you will most likely need to see a more experienced, qualified, and reputable surgeon so the price will be higher.

Even among reputable busy plastic surgeons, the price can vary because all surgeons are trained differently an perform varying forms of facelifts. 

Once you select the top 3 plastic surgeons after doing your homework, visit all 3 and see who you feel comfortable with and who will be there for you if you have a problem. 

How Much Does an SMAS Facelift Cost?

The SMAS is a second  tissue layer under the skin and above the deep fascia(the plastic wrapping over the facial muscles).
It is continuous with the platysma muscle in the neck and galea(the layer where most browlifts are performed) in the forehead. 
It was described in the late 1970s but didn't achieve wide or optimal use until the mid-late 1980's.

Why is it important?
1. Because it is stronger and less elastic than skin,  it won't stretch and drop;i.e. a stronger lift which lasts longer.

2. It can be pull vertically against gravity correcting the changes associated with aging, while allowing the skin to move straight back towards the ear, in it's natural position. Therefore the skin has no tension and scars tend to heal virtually invisibly--if the SMAS is done as designed-- and the hairline is not disported.

3. The SMAS can be treated/elevated in different way; the two critical elements in my opinion are how high it starts and an adequate ligament release. The high SMAS was masterfully described by Bruce Connell,  allowing for rejuvenation from the lower lid to the low neck. The lower lid muscle is tightening diminishing lower lid hollows and laxity, the cheek mass is elevated from above the nasolabial fold, the corner of the mouth is turned up and the marionette, jowls and neck are elevated and tightened. 
In short it is a very powerful procedure.

Like making a bed, most face-lifts pull the comforter(aka the skin) flat(and sometimes tight), but leave the SMAS(aka the sheets) rolled up. Not a very "fresh' bed.

Knowledge of the anatomy is critical because of the deep layer of dissection, but when mastered it does reset the biological clock of the face in a very natural and complete way. Sometimes a brow-lift, eyelid surgery or additional neck work under the chin is required. Fat grafting helps improve youthful facial volume in certain areas where we age by bone loss(one cannot lift what is no longer there), enhancing support and restoring blood supply via stem cells/ growth factors. 

The average fee for a high SMAS is $8000-12,000.

Hope this helps

Face

Thank you for your question. The different facial surgery procedures can be done in isolation or as a combination of procedures and each procedure can help to address individualized concerns with the face. The total cost of a facial surgery can vary immensely depending on what combination of procedures are considered. The range can be anywhere from 8,000 to 25,000 dollars. For example, a lower facelift with SMAS plication will be at the lower end of that price range, but this procedure can be combined with a neck lift, eyelid lifts (upper and lower), brow lift, mid face lift and fat grafting procedures. Each of these can add time and costs to the procedure. Staying a night or two in the hospital will also contribute to the cost. Further there are some great non-surgical procedures such as laser resurfacing that can help further optimize your results and be added to your procedure in a staged fashion or at the time of surgery.

More important than the cost, however, is finding the right surgeon for you and help you assess your concerns and develop an appropriate surgical plan of care for you.

SMAS Facelift Cost

The cost for any type of facelift varies from doctor to doctor and geographic location to geographic location.  Additionally, there are many different types of facelift procedures currently utilized.  In general, one would expect that a less invasive procedure requiring less time in the operating room would cost less than a more invasive procedure a longer time in the operating room.

In the performance of a SMAS facelift, a layer of tissue underneath the skin is also tightened up.  This layer is a very thin but strong layer of tissue.  It is called the pseudomuscular aponeurotic system.  This long term has been shortened to be called the SMAS layer.  Many surgeons believe that tightening this layer improves the effects of the facelift and provides a longer lasting result.  One would expect that this operation would cost somewhat more than a less invasive, shorter procedure.

Recent statistics published by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery indicate that the average physician fee for all types of facelifts combined is $6,607.  This figure does not include the fee that may be charged by the facility in which you have your procedure nor does it include any associated anesthesia fees. 

Considering that the cost of a facelift varies from geographic location to geographic location and doctor to doctor, you should expect to find different costs for this procedure.  In general, one would expect to see procedures ranging from $6,000 upward to even $20,000.