How Much Does a Lower Eye Lift Cost?

average price for the lower eyelift plastic surgery?

Lower eyelid lift cost in Baltimore, Maryland

In my Baltimore Cosmetic Surgery Facility, Blepharoplasty (eyelid) surgery can be performed with just local anesthesia or under IV-sedation (twilight sleep) with local anesthesia.

Local anesthesia
• upper eyes only - $1,850
• lower lids - $2,150
• upper and lower lids - $3,350

IV-sedation (twilight)
• upper eyes only - $2,700
• lower lids - $3,000
• upper and lower lids - $4,675

Lower Eyelid Surgery Pricing Can Vary But Price Alone Should Not Determine Who You Go To

NEVER DISCOUNT YOUR FACE! It is dangerous to shop for cosmetic surgery by price alone. Eyelid surgery is intricate. There are many factors that go into determining price but your first concerns should be experience and results. It is much more costly to repair the eyelids the second time around so choose wisely the first time. Questions to ask:1)Who is performing the surgery? 2)What is the board certification in? 3)Fellowship training?
4)How many of these procedures has the cosmetic surgeon performed? 5)Can I see YOUR patients' before and after picture? 6)Do you perform the procedure in an Operating room that is accredited?7)Is there an anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist performing the anesthesia?8)Do you use a laser or a scalpel blade? 9) Do you make a skin incision or remove the fat from the inside of the eyelid? 10) Do you tighten the skin by removing it or using a laser?11) What are the benefits, risks and alternatives of the procedure.

These are just a few of the questions you need an answer to make an informed decision.

As an Ocular Plastic Surgeon my training is specialized to treat eyelid disorders. Where other physicians may spend a few days in their training working around the eyelids. Ocular Plastic Surgeons spend a minimum of 4 years working on the eye and eyelids and surround tissues. I perform laser blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery)transconjunctival ( from the inside of the lid). I tighten the skin with the same CO2 laser. I only perform the procedure in an accredited Operating room with a anesthesiologist for your comfort, safety and sterility.

Good Luck!

Mark Berkowitz, MD
Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon

What is the cost of lower eyelid surgery?

The cost of lower eyelid surgery is variable. Some of the factors that determine the cost of the surgery include:

1. The complexity of the surgery required

2. The type of anesthesia that is used

3. The experience level of the surgeon

4. The region of the country that you live in

Some lower eyelid surgeries simply require removal of fat in order to provide a more refreshed appearance. This type of procedure is often done on the inside of the eyelid and can be accomplished on most people under local anesthetic. If this is all that is required and the procedure is done under local anesthetic in the office then it is reasonable to spend between $2000 and $3000. I usually charge around $2500.

If the eyelid is weak, then the procedure may require tightening by attaching the tendon of the eyelid in a more elevated and lateral position. This is a bit more complex and may require general anesthesia which will add to your cost.

Often times, patients have fine wrinkles on the eyelids in combination with bulging which may require laser resurfacing as well as surgery to get the patient the results he or she desires.

Many people who have lower eyelid bulging also have a hollowing effect in the cheek underneath the eyelid and would benefit from some type of filler in order to provide a nicely blended effect from the cheek to the eyelid.

All of these are considerations when evaluating a patients lower eyelid region. I would consult with at least two qualified and experience surgeons who will give you a thorough analysis and an effective treatment program. Good Luck!

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Lower Eyelid Surgery

Hello, the cost of lower eyelid surgery ranges from about $2,200 to $4,500 depending on how much you're having done.  I break it down like this:

Just skin/minimal fat: $2,400-$2,600

Skin/significant fat removal or fat relocation:  $2,600 - $3,200

Skin/fat work/ and a lid shortening (tightening) procedure:  $2,800 - $4,000

I find that anesthesia fees are unnessicary as local anesthesia works great and the patients do wonderfully.

Hope that helps.

Dr. Chase Lay

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of lower blepharoplasty

Blepharoplasty varies depending on the concern being addressed. It can be as simple as pinching out a small amount of skin or as complex as reconstructing the support to the lower lid to prevent eversion from the tightening. Lower lid surgery commonly involves fat repositioning and in most cases is more complex than upper lid surgery. Finally, the cost will depend on the type of anesthesia involved. If it is performed under local or oral sedation, you will likely not have to pay for the service of an anesthesiologist. If it is under general, this will increase the price. My surgeon's fee is generally $2000 to $4000 depending on the complexity of the case.

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of a lower eyelid lift

The cost of the eyelid cosmetic surgery is driven by 3 components: These are surgeons  fee, anesthesia  doctor's fee, and the operating room fee . Every  plastic surgery office will have different charges.  Lower eyelid lift surgery is very intricate and delicate and it's best to go to a surgeon who is very experienced in eyelid surgery. Shop quality, not price. For many examples of eyelid surgery and our price list, please see the link below

Cost of Lower Eyelid Surgery

My patients generally will prefer going under a general anesthetic for comfort.  I usually would recommend this.  The cost relates to the requirements for each patient.

All of the following are considerations:

Skin Removal
Fat Removal with or without transposition
Lower Eyelid tightening
Fat Auto Grafting and Injection
Tear Trough Implantation
Muscle Suspension
Skin Resurfacing with Lasers or Chemical Peels

The range for the above for total cost would generally run anywhere from $2400 to $5000 depending on the services required.

Unfortunately, every situation is so unique that it is very difficult to generalize.

Dr. Todd Hobgood

Todd Christopher Hobgood, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of lower eyelid lift

In our practice, we charge $2000 for lower eyelids, plus $250 for sedation anesthesia, which we recommend.  When done together with upper eyelids, we charge $3000, plus anesthesia.

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery costs in Los Angeles

Cost of surgery varies between surgeons. The total cost will be determined by surgeon fees, anesthesia, facility fees, and type of lower eyelid surgery. There are many variations of the technique and I prefer fat transposition blepharoplasty. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

+2 Cost of Lower Eyelid Surgery

The cost of a lower eyelid lift is $2150 to $2400 with local anesthesia. Add $350 for IV sedation. Most people have it done under local with mild sedation, such as a Valium or Ativan.

The cost of both upper and lower eyelid surgery is $3900 under local anesthesia.