How Much Does a Full Face Lift Cost?

Is there a price range?

How much does a full facelift cost - View many photos for evidence of surgical expertise

Surgical treatment of facial aging changes must therefore be carefully individualized to match each patient's aesthetic needs and desires. No two 'facelifts', by necessity, are the same. In helping a patient to make decisions about plastic surgery for facial rejuvenation, I always examine and assess how each aesthetic area or 'unit' of the face contributes to an individual's overall appearance: the brows and eyelids, the cheeks or 'midface', the lower face and chin, and the neck. An individualized surgical plan is then developed which addresses each patient's specific concerns and needs.
Therefore, the price of a facelift will depend on exactly what each person needs and the time required to perform surgery. To select a plastic surgeon, take your time researching , visiting websites, view many, many before and after photos and speak to former patients.
Beware of doctors who discount their fees. Discounting the value of professional services, especially surgery, is not good marketing - it is a sign of desperation. The best plastic surgeons are still busy in this contracting economy, and they are not discounting their fees. At the same time, the most expensive surgeon is not necessarily the most talented, so as a consumer you still have to research this carefully. There is much more to consider than just the price in dollars that you pay: is your surgeon actually listening to you, do they truly understand the appearance that you hope to achieve, do you feel that he or she will be easily available and attentive once the surgery has been performed. If you don't have a good feeling, don't stick around to 'save money', go somewhere else.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Quality for face lift, not savings

I am torn to answer this question. There are surgeons in my neighborhood who charge unbelievably high prices because of the perception that they are better doctors because they charge such heigh prices. But this is not the case - many of these guys are PR machines.

Find a doctor who performs many quality facelifts. Choose two or three doctors and go for consultations. See who understands you and listens to you. Look at there photo books - if they don't show you photos then go find someone who does!

The cost of a facelift will of course depend on the parts done - but the doctors fees can range from $5000 to $15000. More than that and you should look elsewhere unless you feel that paying more always gets you more. In that case, have fun!

Robert M. Freund, MD

You get what you pay for. Facelifts, when done correctly, are not inexpensive

Great question.  The lunchtime lift, lifestyle lift or non-invasive facelift is designed to address very small deformities in the jowls.  While these can be effective for a short time, they do not last. Period. A full facelift encorporates a complete re-draping of the skin and repositioning of the deep muscular foundation of the face.  This is an extensive procedure that takes a bit of time to be performed perfectly.  General anesthesia or deep sedation is required and the procedure can sometimes take 4 to 6 hours depending on the extent of deep face suspension that is performed.  Most experienced surgeons will also augment the face with fat transfer...which can add an addition 1-2 hrs to the procedure.  I would expect to pay at least $9,000 to $15,000 depending on the extent, the time and any additional procedures. Experience and Board-certification are of paramount importance. Best of luck. 

Cost and Recovery for Toronto Facelift by #DrMarcDuPere

Thank you for your question about cost for facelift.  

I am a 13-year experienced Toronto plastic surgeon and I trained with Drs Daniel Marchac (facelift) and Gilbert Aiache (nose) in Paris, France and with Dr. Bruce Connell (facelift) in Los Angeles.

They are numerous techniques for #facelift and #necklift depending on your anatomy, your expectations and the surgeon's preferences.  Fo these reasons, costs vary tremendously.  It also varies depending on the experience of your surgeon and the location of the practice. Skin only versus muscle and skin - SMAS facelift - superficial versus deep planes, with or without fat grafting, short scar, MACS and traditional facelift, etc.

When I meet my patients in #Toronto and #Richmond Hill, I go over the pros and cons for those facelift and necklift techniques in details so you have a clear understanding.

Cost for my short-scar skin-only facelift starts at 7500$ whereas cost for the full classic facelift, neck lift and forehead lift, with SMAS and fat grafting, starts at 28000$ + Canadian tax.

Recovery also will be dictated by the type of facelift procedure chosen by your surgeon after your consultation but I tell all my patients to plan between 2 weeks and 4 weeks, on average.Face surgery MUST be performed by an experienced and qualified plastic surgeon, who is familiar with the facial anatomy.

I do discuss the SMAS and facelift technique on my blog: visageclinic.com/blog

I hope this helps and it would be our pleasure to meet you at Visage Clinic in Toronto and Richmond Hill.

Best regards,

Dr. Marc DuPere, Toronto plastic surgeon

Voted TOP plastic surgery Clinic in Toronto for 2013 and 2014

Voted TOP Cosmetic Clinic in Toronto for 2014

visageclinic.com/patient-resources/medi...

Marc DuPere, MD

Fees for a Facelift, or any Surgery for that Matter.

When you consider any procedure, or if you are wanting a consultation, I would first discuss this with medical professionals you trust.  Word of mouth can be a great way to know where to start.

Once you find a qualified individual, you will know that we have your best interest at heart and will have pricing in line with our experience and outcomes.  Essentially all surgeons should fall within about 20% of one another.  Some variability might occur based on expenses that are related to facilities, anesthesia, etc.

One really great source is by reviewing the American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery Site.  There is a questionnaire each year and the results are published widely.  This summarizes what is happening in the US and will give the average surgeon's fees for each procedure.

Thanks for the great question!

Todd Hobgood

Todd Christopher Hobgood, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face Lift Costs?

In the Minneapolis Metro area facelifts average between $6000 to $12,000 depending on who you are seeing and what needs to be addressed.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Full Face Lift Cost

Most surgeons refer to Facelift as a procedure that addresses the neck, jawline, jowls, and to some degree the mid-face. This procedure will typically cost $8,000-$20,000 (including anesthesia and facility fees), depending on who you see and what region of the country you are located in. A browlift is a procedure that addresses forehead lines and raises brows, while a Blepharoplasty will remove excess eyelid skin and/or fat. These procedures have additional charges, but most surgeons offer some degree of multiple procedure discount.

As other surgeons have noted on this topic, price of a procedure is important but definitely should be weighted well below the quality and reputation of the surgeon. A prospective patient is going to spend thousands of dollars, regardless of which surgeon is chosen. Patients want a good result, a good experience, and quality care in this process. If a surgeon or company offers a great bargain on a procedure, you can safely assume that shortcuts will be taken in the procedure, the instruction, and/ or the after care of the patient(s) treatment. Since Facelift requires a lot of preoperative explanation, requires several hours in the operating room, and requires a certain degree of healing and recovery time, choose more with wisdom than thrift.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wide range

There is a wide range of cost associated with these procedures.  Importantly, not all procedures are created equally.  See a few different practitioners to establish a price range.  But pay most attention to the plan of each provider in concert with the cost.

Ethan Philpott, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Facial surgery costs

Thank you for your question. The term facelift can be tied to a very specific type or procedure or can represent a catch-all term for facial surgeries.  Different facial surgery procedures can be done in isolation or as a combination of procedures and each procedure can help to address individualized concerns with the face. The total cost of a facial surgery can vary immensely depending on what combination of procedures are considered. The range can be anywhere from 8,000 to 25,000 dollars. For example, a lower facelift can be combined with a neck lift, eyelid lifts (upper and lower), brow lift, mid face lift and fat grafting procedures. Each of these can add time and costs to the procedure. Staying a night or two in the hospital will also contribute to the cost. Further there are some great non-surgical procedures such as laser resurfacing that can help further optimize your results and be added to your procedure in a staged fashion or at the time of surgery.

More important than the cost, however, is finding the right surgeon for you and help you assess your concerns and develop an appropriate surgical plan of care for you.

Expect to hear a range from $7500-$15000

It will all depend on severity of your facial changes. No two facelifts are alike.  Quality will always cost. Beware of cheap price.
Cost also varies from region to region. I am giving you a range of cost in Dallas. I will expect Seatle to be comparable.

Vasdev Rai, MD