Tummy Tuck and Fat Transfer to Butt: Costs? (Photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 6
Find Costs Near You!
Costs of Tummy Tuck and Fat Transfer
Since we own our AAAASF nationally accredited facility, we can ensure that key staff is maintained (more than 15 years), strong relationships with our MD Anesthesiologist (also more than 15 years), and eliminate wasted costs. This allows the safest and most comfortable environment for our patients, and the best possible value.
Butt implants is an option to the Brazilian Butt Lift, but I believe that the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure is safer and provides better long term results.
Consult with 3- 4 board certified plastic surgeons to explore your options.
Costs of Surgery
In considering the cost of a Tummy Tuck, you should look at the components of the cost:
1. Surgeons Fee. This is usually the greatest part of the overall cost and can vary immensly from location to location (just like the cost of living varies in each location) as well as in the same location, it can vary from surgeon to surgeon. Usually, a surgeon commanding a higher price is very experienced and has very good results reliably, and is very busy due to the above. This also depends on if a circumferential, tummy tuck, extended tummy tuck, full tummy tuck, mini tummy tuck, and skin only tummy tuck is performed. These are usually less expensive in decreasing order.
2. Anesthesia Fee. This can vary depending on if a board certified MD anesthesiologist is used, vs. a nurse anesthetist, vs. a non-certified nurse, vs. only local anesthesia (an awake procedure). Obviously, the further you go down the line, the cheaper the price. You do get what you pay for.
3. Facility Fee. This can vary if it is a a state/medicare certified facility, vs. the back of a doc's office.
4. Accessories. This includes things like a pain pump, Exparol injections (72 hour long lasting numbing), garments, tissue glues, etc. These are not necessary for a great result, just add to the comfort of a result.
5. Revision. Usually a revision such as dog ears or lowering the scar, or a seroma, is much less that the original surgery, but this depends entirely on what exactly is being done.
6. Add on surgeries are usually discounted, as in a mommy makeover.
7. Insurance. If an insurance based surgery, such as a hernia repair is done at the same time, the tummy tuck may be discounted.
As with anything in life, buyer beware of risks of cutting corners in surgery.
Real Self has average costs of every operations in your location that you can peruse before seeing a surgeon, but keep in mind that the above quality can change from office to office. Choose a surgeon that you are very comfortable with and is board certified.
Pablo Prichard, MD
You might also like...
Tummy Tuck and Fat Transfer to Butt: Costs?
Try to research this to find the surgeon who consistently produces the results you would expect. Look at reviews on this site and see who gets the surgery right every time.
Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD
Los Angeles, CA
Cost for tummy tuck and BBL
Thank you for your question!
Melinda Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.