Is it safe to take diet pills ( Phenteine or Adipex) to help with the weight loss before surgery ?

If it is safe, how soon before my surgery should I stop taking them ?

Is it safe to take diet pills ( Phenteine or Adipex) to help with the weight loss before surgery

Thank you for your question.  You must discontinue phentermine 2-6 weeks before surgery.  Ask your surgeon for his recommendations when to stop.  

Diet Pills Like Adipex and Phenterimine

These medications can be a significant problem before surgery, and can result in serious problems when you go under anesthesia if they are not stopped wella head of time. If you feel you need to take these, be sure and let your surgeon know so that they can be stopped before surgery at the right time.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS