I have been smoking marijuana after my breast reduction surgery? (photos)

No tobacco just rolled in papers will this affect my healin. Breast reduction wounds and I got a free nipple graft is it definite that I will not feel any sensation in my nipples ?

Smoking after surgery

I am concerned about any smoking at all after surgery. I advise my patient to stop smoking 3 weeks before surgery and 80 years after.

Best to check in and see what you own PS recommends.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. 
After having analyzed all the information provided to us, i can realize that you have very large breasts for your height and weight, and can be responsible for head, back, neck and shoulder pain.

In the future may cause  permanent osteo-articular damage in the back and shoulders and skin problems (mainly under the breasts). For for this reasons, certainly you need a breast reduction surgery.

I usually recommend my patients to avoid smoking at least 1 month before surgery and still without it for at least 2 months post op.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Smoking and surgery

Smoking of anything can cause impaired wound healing. Best not to smoke during the healing process. .

Smoking and surgery

The risks and effects of smoking prior to and during recovery after plastic surgery are significant. Smoking — specifically nicotine and carbon monoxide — impedes the body’s ability to deliver oxygen to tissues. As a result, the healing process after plastic surgery is negatively affected. Healing after plastic surgery has a significant effect on the quality of your result. See the below link for more information.

Marijuana after reduction

Any chemical substance, particularly a vasodilator, should not be consumed or smoked during healing without the surgeon's approval. This applies even more after free nipple grafting.  You should be honest with your surgeon about your marijuana use. Unfortunately, you are responsible for any potential consequences as well.