What can be done to fix low belly button from mini tummy tuck? (Photo)

I am 3 1/2 weeks out from mini tummy tuck. The belly button is FAR lower than I am ok with (would like 2-3inches higher). I DO know that he sewed it in place in the new low spot. I haven't had my one month post op appointment yet. What can be done (least invasive) to fix this? Also I did not have lipo and my "woman bump" is too low. I am thinking I will have to have lipo to fix that..

3 weeks post op

Thank you for the question and photos. Unfortunately it is too soon post surgery to determine final positioning or whether you will need additional Liposuction. It is common to have swelling settle in and stay for a few months right above the incision line where you are noting this bump. The skin of your lower abdomen will be tight right now and may relax, improving the appearance of your belly button over the next few months.

I recommend that you discuss your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon, allow the full 6 months to heal and then discuss revision if necessary.

All the best

What can be done to fix low belly button from mini tummy tuck

Thank you for you for your question. your very early in your recovery from Tummy tuck/ liposuction.  Final results take 6-12 months. This surgery in particular leads to swelling in the lower abdomen and suprapubic area.   The swelling will take the longest amount of time to go away, but rest assured it will flatten. You should start to see a difference in the next few weeks. Discuss your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon.

Low belly button

Hello, I would suggest waiting at least 6 months after mini TT surgery before contemplating any further operation.  Usually a belly button is not actually sewn in a new location during a mini TT, but it can be pulled downward to some extent when the excess skin is removed.

Low BB post mini TT

You are still very early in the healing process, but I would agree the BB may appear quite low.  The BB position is variable and frankly very few people would give the appearance a second thought.  In hindsight, a full TT may have been a better choice, but  not  being the treating PS, It's impossible to  know for sure. Give it time (months) and  a full TT may be needed  and your PS can make you a new BB.

Don Fontana, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Thank you for the question and photos.  It looks as though you have had the float procedure done where the umbilical stalk is cut, making a revision nearly impossible.  Returning the umbilical stalk to the original site is extremely challenging with a very high risk of failure.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

What can be done to fix low belly button from mini tummy tuck?

Its very early to comment on your results. the swelling, wrinkling of skin along the scar all those will most likely settle down with time. At three an a half weeks swelling is expected. Low belly button is common after mini tummy tuck. It may look higher up and better when the skin relaxes. I dont advise any surgery at this stage. Just allow it to heal for 6 months.

Priti Shukla, Mch
India Plastic Surgeon

Revision surgery

As you are only less than a month post surgery my best advise before thinking in a revision is to wait untill you see your final results, swelling can make you see that you are not meeting your goal but you need to be patient, your belly button can be fixed if you dont like the look after surgery but if you are also thinking about doing lipo then you should need to wait to have another surgery. Best wishes!

Australia Fragoso-Baez, MD