I'm having a lower body lift and breast aug. Should I wait or get the breast aug while I can?

Going to get a lower body lift and breast augmentation with lift. I have had a consultation that stated this would be done in two procedures. With the body lift being done first. My question is I have the time and money to get the breast augmentation done now (I could go back to work sooner) but I would have to wait for the lower body lift. In terms of outcome would it be harmful to get my breasts done before the lower body lift? I want to have all my proportions and sizing be correct. Thanks!

Augmentation Mastopexy with a Lower Body Lift

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.
The intentional result of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis) as a result of aging, weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. However, many women report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be decreased over time.
In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.
Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Outcome risk same time

For patient after weigh loss is common to need several procedures. To combine procedures is important to do it in SAFTY . The medical history of the patient and the behavior of the patient during surgery are two elements that are key to determine how much can be done with safety in is the majority of the occasions is done together

Can you combine breast augmentation and lower body lift?

Every patient is different and an evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon is critical to you obtaining a great result.  Safety is always paramount, so your surgeon will only suggest what is best for you.  

Breast augmentation and body lift can definitely be performed as staged procedures.  With that said, I would perform the procedure as a combined procedure in select candidates.  I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Trey Aquadro, M.D.
Auburn, AL

Lower Body Lift vs. Breast Augmentation/Mastopexy

While it is certainly not unreasonable to stage these two procedures however you would prefer, I would generally recommend patients to undergo the body lift procedure prior to undergoing breast surgery.  With removal of the truncal excess tissue, the proportions of the breast/body will change, and may help you and your surgeon to decide on an ideal surgical solution for your breast procedure.  If you have the breast surgery performed first, you may not be quite as pleased with the final result/dimensions once the body lift procedure is completed if the proportions were not what you anticipated.  Make sure to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon, and he or she will help you to select the best procedure(s) for you.

Jeffrey Ridha, MD
Saratoga Springs Plastic Surgeon

Body Lift Combined with Other Procedures

Ultimately, only your doctor can determine if you are a good candidate to combine another procedure with a body lift.  A body lift is a big operation in itself, and I always consider: how long my patients will be under anesthesia, their general health, other risks, etc.  Adding other procedures can be safe in the right situations.
This is an excellent question to ask your Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon, as safety should always be the top priority in elective surgery. 

George Lawson III, MD, FACS
Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon

360 lower body lift circumferential body lift breast augmentation breast lift weight loss surgery combined procedures

Hello, I would suggest you have your body lift procedure done first.  
1) During the 360 lower body lift or circumferential body lift, the abdominal wall is pulled down.  This can pull the inframammary fold (the fold under the breast which attaches the breast to the chest or upper abdominal wall) down.Therefore, if the breast augmentation and breast lift are performed  before the 360 lower body lift, the result can be that the breasts are too low.
2) After weight loss, reconstructive plastic surgery is all about proportions.  During your 360 circumferential body lift, a significant amount of skin and fat will be removed. Your body proportions  change.  I would choose implant sizes after your body lift has been performed.  This leads to a more accurate assessment of the body proportions.  This way, your top half will match your bottom half.  If you choose your implant size before your body lift, you may regret your implant size choice. You may choose an implant size too large.  In my patient practice, I almost always perform the breast lift and breast augmentation after the 360 body lift.
I hope this answers your question regarding the staging of a 360 lower body lift or circumferential body lift and breast augmentation and breast lift. If you have any questions, please not hesitate contact me. Sincerely, Dr. Katzen

Combination surgery: Lower body lift and breast augmentation

Combining surgeries can be done in certain circumstances but always with your safety as the priority.   If you're body lift is more extensive,  depending on how much skin and fat needs to be removed, your body lift alone may take up to 6 hrs.  Breast augmentation surgery (without additional mastopexy/breast lift)  can be performed very well usually within only the addition of another hour to surgery.

The most important determinations for combination versus staging your surgeries is first your overall health, next your surgeon's comfort level concerning your safety in the operating room, and finally your personal goals.

Breast augmentation surgery and lower body lift can be combined safely with excellent results.  Performing the breast augmentation before or after the body lift should not affect the outcome of either surgery.  If you do decide to perform each separately, I recommend improving the area that concerns you the most first.

Breast aug not likely to significantly prolong surgery . . .

Full body-lifts can take a fair amount of time, but adding a breast augmentation (unless a lift/mastopexy is also necessary) shouldn't add more than one hour to the proceedings, in which case it also shouldn't significantly change your risk profile.  I suppose the surgeon needs to consider if a concomitant downward pull of the abdominal tissues might change the position of your breast incisions (if placed at the inframammary fold) and possibly adjust for that, but otherwise having both performed concurrently shouldn't have one procedure adversely affect the results of the other; the issue is mostly about the length-of-surgery risk profiles for you.  Best of luck!

Discuss with your surgeon

Ask your surgeon, breast augmentation is a quick procedure but body lift may require some time. I believe you should discuss wth your doctor if he feels time is not an issue go for it. 
Im my hands I couple the two procedures, one long anesthesia is safer than two, It is more cost effective and you will not have to face two post op recuperations.

Marco Romeo, MD, PhD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Body lift and breast augmentation. Is it a good combination?

Congratulations on your procedure and thanks for sharing your question.

Everything related to surgery is relative. Although the combination is doable, the safety of the procedure is based on how long it takes your surgeon to perform it. There are relevant studies that had demonstrated that prolonged surgery has increased risks of complications. This does not mean that you shouldn’t or couldn’t have the procedure done.

Wishing you the best with your journey