Can I have my ears pierced again if I've had construction of ear lobes? Was torn due to earrings many years go (Photo)

Can my ears be pierced again?

Yes, most practices will include this in the initial informed consent and cost.  I have patients wait for 6 weeks and place the new hole slightly off line from the repair to make sure there is as much strength in the tissue as possible.  I hope this helps.  

Can I have my ears pierced again if I've had ear lobe reconstruction after earrings torn through

Yes you definitely can. I would personally counsel my patients to wait a year after reconstruction for the scar to fully mature, 6 months if they are really eager. I would also recommend placing the new piercing just in front or just behind the old one rather than through the scar as scar tissue is never as strong as normal skin so you run a higher risk of recurrence if you re-pierce the same site. Hope that helps!

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Re-Piercing Ears After Torn Earlobe Repair

Yes, many patients opt in to have their ears re-pierced following a torn earlobe repair surgery. The key to this is to allow sufficient time for your ear to heal so as to avoid complication. After two months or so, you should be cleared to have your ears re-pierced. So, considering you had your earlobe repair surgery years ago and are well passed this threshold, re-piercing your ears should not be a problem. 

Yael Halaas, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Re-piercing after earlobe reconstruction.

Absolutely!

After I fix earlobes I usually re-pierce my patient's ears in the office about 6 weeks later. 

Ear piercing

Yes you can get your ears re-pierced. Usually the Doctor who did the surgery for the earlobe repair will offer to do this for you, and is usually included in the fee of the surgery. Typically you wait 6-8 weeks after the surgery to pierce them.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Piercing after ear lobe repair

Absolutely!  Typically after 6-8 weeks post ear lobe repair you can get them re-pierced.  Some physicians offices will pierce them for you. 

Chad Robbins, MD

Piercing earlobes after torn earlobe repair

Yes, you can most definitely have your earlobes pierced after an earlobe repair. I usually have my patients wait until the repair has healed before piercing the ear again.

Norman M. Rowe, MD

Can I have my ears pierced again if I've had reconstruction of ear lobes?

Yes, ears may be re-pierced about 6-8 weeks following earlobe reconstruction. The surgeon that did the repair can likely do this for you.  I do this in my practice as well.

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ear piercing

Thank you for the question.  Yes, you can most definitely have your ears re-pierced.  Our practice generally waits 6-8 weeks after reconstruction and then we pierce the earlobes again, but not directly through the scar.

Andrew Elkwood, MD, FACS
Red Bank Plastic Surgeon

Can I have my ears pierced again if I've had construction of ear lobes? Was torn due to earrings many years go

It should be no problem to have your ear lobes re pierced.  In my practice,  I ask my patients to “mark the spot” that they wish to have the piercing placed,  preferably away from the repair scar. Best wishes.