Hood over Belly Button? (photo)

had mini tt year ago with floating bb and no moving down of bb so i have a large hood over the top and bottom part is pulled down. did not have a lot of skin and especially not on bottom so thinking doc not moving bb down caused the strange look of bb - not sure how this can be fixed, but doesn't look normal to me??

'Hood' of skin over belly button after mini tummy tuck

The skin could be incised and the scar inset deeply - close to the deep abdominal wall to improve appearance. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Belly button after mini tummy tuck can be corrected.

Hi.

This is one of the reasons that I think very few people benefit by a mini tummy tuck. Your belly button does not look "slid down" at all.  But it can be improved with a revision.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Mini tummy tuck

Yes, this is the look you would have if you had a mini tummy tuck without moving of the belly button.  In order the correct this look, you may need release of your belly button.  I would suggest discussing this with your surgeon.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD