I am wanting to know if a tummy tuck could be covered by IEHP if there is a medical need.

I had surgery to fuse 3 discs and bone graft placement as well as a cage around my lower spine. I am in constant pain and cannot exercise, I am trying to stay off the medication but the pain is becoming unbearable.

Tummy Tuck Costs

A tummy tuck is not likely to be covered by medical insurance. Even if you have a tummy tuck there is no guarantee it will relieve your pain. Consider getting an evaluation by a pain specialist to learn about options for managing your pain and I hope this will be helpful. 

Draper Plastic Surgeon

Insurance for a tummy tuck

insurance almost never covers the cost of a tummy tuck, but you can try to get it preauthorized.  I doubt you will have any success, unfortunately.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Unfortunately, the probablility is very low that any insurance would  cover a  cosmatic TT.  You  might consider contacting one of the university hospitals  which has a plastic surgery residency program.  Numerous cosmetic  surgeries are offered at a reduced  charge which are performed by the  resident surgeon under the direct  supervision of a fully trained PS. You  can get excellent  care from these  clinics .

Don Fontana, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon