tummy tuck and lipo 360 ok or lipo alone without having to do a tummy tuck? (photos)

I don't have stretch marks or sagging skin. I have a toddler but did not gain much weight during pregnancy. Wondering if tummy tuck is necessary.

Liposuction or tummy tuck?

Thanks for the excellent photographs.  You have the option of either a tummy tuck or liposuction but in my practice I would probably strongly recommend that you consider liposuction done of to your full abdomen, flanks and possibly hip rolls and back. This alone will reduce the circumference and provide a nice improvement in shaping without significant surgical incisions.  The skin that is present will be left behind and your muscle relaxation will still be present but you will avoid prominent scarring and get most of the benefit that is potentially available without a bigger surgery.
When you meet with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon discuss the options and I wish you the best of luck.  I think you are likely to be very satisfied with the improvement you obtained from liposuction alone.
Please watch the video above for more information that you may find helpful.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Liposuction alone is what most patients need.

You would do just fine with circumferencial  liposuction under tumescent local and most likely wouldn't need any tummy tuck.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and lipo 360 ok or lipo alone without having to do a tummy tuck?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal, contouring and skin tightening. An in person consult is needed to determine what is best based on your body type and skin type. VASER can sculpt and contour the body and results can be seen immediately. Excess skin can be removed surgically or non invasive options such as ThermiRF and Venus Legacy can be used to tighten skin. I suggest consulting with an expert for an in person evaluation to determine if you are a liposuction candidate. Best, Dr. Emer

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction

Hello, thanks for your pictures and for your inquiry. I would say that it all depends in mostly two things: Your goals and if you are planning to have more children in the future. Your goals because it depends if you want to tighten your abdominal muscle wall in order to give you a flatter tummy with an Abdominoplasty and if you are planning to have more kids you should wait until you are done with that matter. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction

If you don't have sagging skin then 360 degree lipo, including upper and lower abdomen, hips, flank and back should make a big difference in your body contour.

Fred Suess, MD

Liposuction

thank you for posting excellent pictures.

The decision of which procedure to have depends on what you're trying to achieve, how much surgery you're willing to undergo and if you're willing to except a long scar and a somewhat on the natural appearing bellybutton(regardless of talent. The bellybutton never looks truly natural after an abdominoplasty).
Liposuction removes unwanted subcutaneous fat only.

An abdominoplasty treats loose skin and muscle separation from previous pregnancies.

Based on your pictures your skin looks good. You may have some muscle separation from your pregnancy but your abdominal wall  overall it looks good.
My guess is you're a candidate for having a spectacular body transformation from liposuction if it's  done well.

The results from liposuction very greatly.

Liposuction can give great detail, emphasize assets, hide deficits, and help bring out the most ideal proportions and body contours.
Liposuction is sometimes misunderstood for being able to deliver results for everyone.
Many people are not good candidates for liposuction. 

This may be part what has kept liposuction from attaining the reputation it deserves.
Liposuction is not given enough creedance as sophisticated procedure that can deliver dramatic results.

My practice is devoted exclusively to body contouring using various forms of liposuction and fence transferred.

If you are done having children, want an abdomen that is tight, don't mind a long scar and slightly different looking bellybutton, have the financial resources and can tolerate a brutal recovery then and abdominoplasty maybe your procedure.
If you're OK having some abdominal distention(slightly ful stomach), less than perfect skin(about the same as you have now), drastically improved contour giving much better definition, a procedure that could be done awake with relatively fast recovery then liposuction may be the right procedure for you.
My practice is devoted entirely to body contouring using various forms of liposuction and fat transfer.

I have performed hundreds of abdominoplasty surgeries in the past but currently focus exclusively on Liposuction and fat transfer.

I suggest consulting with multiple board-certified plastic surgeon's who have experience, expertise an excellent online reviews.

When reviewing plastic surgeons I suggest looking for reviews on multiple websites.

Be weary of anyone who has disproportionate number of reviews on any one single website like real self.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Weight loss vs liposuction vs tummy tuck

It is always best to be at a more ideal weight before having surgery.
While liposuction can removed fat in the subcutaneous space, it cannot remove fat inside the abdomen, and it cannot tighten the fascia, which does appear to be loose on the side view.
A responsible board certified plastic surgeon can guide you to the right decision.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Tummy tuck or liposuction?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction or tummy tuck.
  • You appear to have widely stretched muscles but little loose skin.
  • You need an examination to know the right thing to do.
  • It may be that muscle repair plus 360 liposuction will be a good combination.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Tummy tuck

Thanks for your question.  In your case I think the answer to your question depends on your goals.  While it can be hard to tell from photos, it looks as though the purpose of a tummy tuck for you would be the tightening of your muscles that have been stretched from your pregnancy.  You don't seem to have too much fat or extra skin, the removal of which can also be a goal of abdominoplasty.  I would recommend a repair of your diastasis (stretched muscles) and liposuction of your flanks, though your best advice will come from an exam in person with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.Best wishes, Dr. L