Why are my TT DRAINS NOT COMING OUT?

On July 9th, 2016 I got a Tummy Tuck in Miami, FL I was told that it was okay to go back home in Alabama and have someone there take out my drains after 2 weeks or when my draining has stopped. I went to go get them taken out yesterday and as my doctor pulled on it, It was one of the worse feelings ever, so I asked for him to stop. After the second try, he told me that the drains were stuck... I AM LIKE STUCK.. now I am seeing red red blood again in my drains, im numb in my stomach are.

Why are my TT DRAINS NOT COMING OUT?

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your drain issues.  It sounds as if either your drains were accidentally sewn into place when closure of your skin took place or the opening where the drain comes out of your skin is too small.  This can be corrected by a small office procedure.  Because of the skin tightening  involved in a tummy tuck the nerves can be irritated and cause numbness along the lower portion of your abdomen.  This tends to improve over the first six months after surgery.  Hope this helps.

Drain not coming out

Sometimes the sutures used to close the wound can be wrapped around or put through part of the drain. You may have to see a surgeon in your area to get it removed, but it is a fairly simple process done under local anesthesia in the office. 

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can refer you to someone locally to best manage your post op care. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Drains not coming out

You should call your surgeon's office or have your doctor at home call for you.  Your surgeon will probably be able to give your doctor advice on how to remove it.  It might be something as simple as a stitch holding in the drain that needs to be cut before it can be removed.  Also, make sure you give your home doctor a big "thank-you" for being willing to do this for you!  He/she will probably not get paid by your insurance for performing a cosmetic-related service.