Deep set eyes. Should I get an upper eyelid surgery, or temporal brow lift? (photo)

I have deep set eyes, and have had a fatty/thick upper eyelid all of my life. Not sure if an upper eyelid surgery alone is the right option. Will it open my eye area enough? Would a temporal brow lift be better? Would I need both? Will a temporal brow lift help lift some of the cheek sagging and improve nasolabial folds?

Blepharoplasty alone is a big mistake.

The most significant issue here is upper eyelid ptosis.  You also have a compensatory brow elevation.  Blepharoplasty only removes skin muscle and fat.  This type of surgery will basically deform you and leave you looking surgical.  You have significant upper eyelid ptosis.  The ptosis must be corrected and this can be done in conjunction with a conservative anchor blepharoplasty.  You are already doing your own brow lift.  With the correct upper eyelid surgery, your brow appearance will look much more natural an youthful.  Choose carefully. There is only one opportunity to get this done correctly the first time.

Blepharoplasty or brow lift

To arrive at the best and most natural appearance, I believe you need brow lift and blepharoplasty. If you decide to have blepharoplasty alone as suggested by some of the answers below - be sure that the surgeon does not remove so much tissue in the lid that you would not be a candidate for brow lift in the future. It is difficult to determine from your photograph whether you have ptosis or not, but if so, this should be repaired. This would do nothing for the sagging of the cheek and nasolabial folds, but it would definitely enhance your eyes. You have good periorbital anatomy and bone structure - a good foundation for cosmetic lid and brow surgery. Your best option is to see an Oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation and treatment. Best wishes!

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper bleph vs. browlift

By your photos, it looks like your brows have a good height and a good shape. I would recommend an upper lid blepharoplasty to get rid of the excess skin and fullness. I think you'll love it.Andrew Campbell, M.D.Facial Plastic SpecialistQuintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper eyelid surgery candidate

The photographs demonstrate excess and hooded skin on the upper eyelids, for which an upper blepharoplasty procedure can accomplish improvement. For more information  and many examples of upper blepharoplasty, please see the before-and-after's  located on the link below

Brows and eyes?

Looking at one photo does not really give a good appreciation of your eyes and brows.  Based solely on the photos, your brow seems to be ok.  The upper lids may be all that you need treated. Best to be evaluated in person.

Deep set eyes

you are a perfect candidate for upper lid blepharoplasty surgery.  You will absolutely love the results.  Best of luck.

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Brow lift vs. Upper lid Blepharoplasty

After reviewing your photo I would suggest an upper lid blepharoplasty.  This would give you a natural looking upper eyelid, and in my experience achieve what you want without looking overdone.  A brow lift does not lift anything other than the brow.  So if you got a browlift it would not lift your cheeks or improve your nasolabial folds.  

Jessica Lattman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Brow lift or blepharoplasty

Your brows are in a good position and I would not recommend a brow lift for you. Removing excess skin from the upper eyelids is more straightforward, wont make you look "surprised" and can be done under local anesthesia. Based on your photo, it looks like you would be a great candidate for upper blepharoplasty surgery.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon