Mini face lift recovery - kissing

I am considering a mini facelift. How long after a mini facelift can you really kiss your significant other ? How long do the sutures take to safely heal without risk of undoing them ? Hope that makes sense. An embarrassing question I

Kissing after Mini Facelift

Thank you for your question.  A Mini Facelift will mean significantly reduced bruising and swelling, compared to a traditional facelift, however most patients experiencing slightly discomfort for a few days after.  This suggests passionate kissing may not be on the top of your agenda for at least a week.  A little peck to help your recovery is fine.

All The Best.

London Plastic Surgeon

Gentle Kissing can start just a day or two after face/neck lift.

You probably won't feel like kissing your significant other for at least a week but a gentle kiss is always appreciated to help recovery blues.  Pamper the face for at least 2 weeks.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Mini face lift recovery - kissing

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  In general strenuous activity should still be avoided for 3 weeks, even with the minimally, invasive SMAS type facelift as described below.  The sutures typically are removed at 8 days following the surgery.    Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

If the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
  • very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
 I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.

Mini-Facelift NYC

The recovery from Mini-Facelift surgery is somewhat shorter than full facelift. There is a shorter surgical time with a bit less swelling and bruising. You can kiss anyone right away, you just might not feel like it for a day or 2! Sutures are all out by 7-10 days. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about the subject, as it may be helpful. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Kissing after a mini facelift

A little smooching or a peck on the lips are fine immediately after a mini facelift.  Until you can really kiss your significant other, it will likely be one week after the surgery. During the first week of the recovery with the stitches and bandages in place, really kissing your significant other may be difficult.
Hope this helps

Kissing your significant other after a mini lift

You can kiss your significant other, children, grandchildren, etc immediately after a mini lift and various other types of face lift procedures. Don't kiss your pets though! For patients who may have had fat injections into the lips along with the facelift, then one should wait at least a couple of days. Ultimately, however, you must follow the postoperative care instructions of your plastic surgeon. Skin sutures that don't dissolve are removed around one week after surgery.Best,Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon