Gynecomastia Best Non Invasive (FDA Approved) Procedure?

Which is the Best and Effective procedure for Male Breast Areas and Treatment Centers in Southern California

Non-Invasive treatments for Gynecomastia?

The short answer is that there are no consistently effective non-invasive treatments for Gynecomastia, certainly none that have been FDA approved specifically for this application. It is possible that one or more of the non-invasive fat reduction technologies might help, but this would be an "off-lable" use of the technology and I am not aware of any studies that have shown clear benefit. 

When considering treatment for gynecomastia it is important to first identify any endocrine, hormonal, or drug causes of the condition. Managing any underlying cause may improve the condition without any other treatment. If no specific causes are identified, then it is next important to determine if the condition is true gynecomastia - a small percentage of males do actually have true breast, or if it is pseudogynecomastia - fibro-fatty tissue excess that usually developes during adolescence and can in some situations resemble a female breast. 

It is important to recognize which condition is present as they are treated differently. True Gynecomastia requires direct excision while pseudo Gynecomastia can usually be treated with some form of liposuction. Sometimes both conditions are present and require both modalities of treatment to achieve a good result. I find that most patients that I see for this condition have pseudo Gynecomastia that developed during adolescence. They are quite self conscious about the appearance of their chest and some have breasts which look quite feminine. Obesity also tends to exaggerate the condition. The more severe the condition, the more difficult it is to treat. Having used almost every liposuction modality that is available, I have found that Laser Liposuction or SmartLipo is the most effective. The laser device works best to emulsify the dense fibro-fatty tissue excess, and when used superficially, the laser probe can produce greater skin tightening which is very important when the tissues have progressed towards a more feminine breast. 

Gynecomastia Surgical Techniques

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. The doctor will recommend the one that is best suited to each individual case. 

The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. Your plastic surgeon may recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. 

Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue. Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and which techniques are are best for your type of gynecomastia.

Non Invasive Options for Gynecomastia

I know of no FDA approved non surgical/non invasive treatment for gynecomastia.If you are seeking non surgical options I think that Vanquish which uses RF energy, or UltraShape that uses ultrasound rather than Cool Sculpt would be the best option though all are off FDA usage.
#gynecomastia
#malebreastreduction

There is not an effective noninvasive treatment.  Liposuction can remove breast tissue although it requires a great deal more exertion on the part of the surgeon. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of chest and body contouring procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Find a great surgeon

The FDA doesn't regulate procedures; just devices and drugs.

The only treatment for gynecomastia is liposuction or excision, and the results are terrific.

You need to find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a Member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

Steven Teitelbaum, MD

Non-invasive treatment for gynecomastia?

I know of no non-invasive method to reliably reduce male gynecomastia.  Some patients are candidates for liposuction while others require a subcutaneous mastectomy. 

Gynecomastia and treatment

Gynecomastia is treated in many different ways based upon the make-up of the tissue and laxity of the skin.  This can be by liposuction  or direct excision or a combination.

Gynecomastia Treatment

If workup has not revealed a cause of your gynecomastia or change of medication or treatment of any endocrine problem has not corrected the problem, then surgery is the only option. There is almost always at least a small amount of solid breast tissue that will need to be removed by cutting it out. The rest can usually be liposuctioned. Even if there is a lot of breast tissue, the fat at the edge is usually smoothed and blended into the surrounding area with liposuction. Seek a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in gynecomastia treatment.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia Treatment in Southern California

Gynecomastia is the overgrowth of male breast tissue. This breast tissue enarlargement in men is very common. In people who have hormon related causes of gynecomastia correction of hormon levels might reduce breast size, but at times the enlarged breast tissue remains. The only definitive way of removing this hard breast tissue is by removing it with surgery. I use a small incision techniques where the breast gland is removed through the areola and the rest of the breast fullness is liposuctioned.

Sean Younai, MD, FACS

For gynecomastia that is longer them 3-6 month

No medication or liposuction is effective treating real gynecoastia that exsist more then a few months.

Mordcai Blau, MD