What's the best approach for correcting my c section overhang? (photos)

I had a emergency c section with my first and it left the overhang which is quite prominent compared to others I have seen. Before my 2nd I got down to under 8 stone, and it was still noticeably visable. I had my 2nd and it's stretched it back out. I'm loosing the weight, but the over hang is effecting me alot now. I know it's going to be a surgery route as it's caused by cutting through muscle etc. What are my options though, after I lose the weight?

Tummy tuck after weight loss and pregnancy

Your photos depict a beautiful figure waiting to be created from your present shape! A traditional tummy tuck combined with some liposuction in the flanks should produce a rejuvenation of your figure, flatten the tummy, rid you of the skin "hangover" and flatten the tummy too.Seek the opinion of an experienced plastic surgeon who can demonstrate expertise and show you photos of his/her work.

Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck after Weight Loss

When patients have experienced extreme weight loss due to diet and exercise, #gastricbypass surgery, or #stomachstapling  or #lapband surgery, there will be excess body skin that needs removal. In order to correct this problem many patients will need a #TummyTuck surgery, #panniculectomy, or #abdominoplasty. This is becoming a highly requested procedure among patients who wish to rid themselves of excess skin and tighten muscle in their abdominal area. This procedure can be beneficial for women with loose skin and stretch marks following pregnancy, and patients who have undergone significant weight loss.Depending on the amount of skin that you have sagging there are a variety of procedures available:Mini-abdominoplasty tightens the lower abdominal wall and skin below the umbilicus, belly button, only (shortest scar). Modified abdominoplasty addresses conditions where just the muscle wall or just the abdominal skin requires repair. Standard abdominoplasty tightens all of the abdominal wall skin and muscles above and below the belly button. The scar can be altered or lowered to be hidden by most panty lines and bathing suits. (Standard scar). Extended abdominoplasty tightens the abdomen and the flanks or sides (longest scar extending around the flanks onto lower back.) A general anesthetic is most common, although mini-tucks may be done with local anesthetic and intravenous sedation. A standard abdominoplasty is generally an outpatient procedure, but extended abdominoplasty may require a short hospitalization of 1–2 days. I would say that you likely would not need the extended or even standard procedure, and that most likely the mini or modified abdominoplasty would help you tighten up all of the loose skin from your weight loss. Just be sure to cover all of the options with your surgeon in consultation.

Overhanging get skin after c-section

looks like a tummy tuck will help you. Involves removing skin, tightening muscles and moving belly button. I use IV sedation anesthesia for safety, but general anesthesia is fine as well. Good luck.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Post pregnancy tummy tuck

Hi and thanks for the photos and question.  You appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck (Abdominoplasty) with or without liposuction.  This is very effective to address the excess skin and bulging from stretched muscles after pregnancy.  I would advise that you wait until you have finished having children and then see a Specialist Plastic Surgeon for an opinion.

I hope that helps.

Regards

Dr Mark Hanikeri MBBS, FRACS

Perth Specialist Plastic Surgeon

What's the best approach for correcting my c section overhang?

Greetings Thank you for your question, you appare to be a good candidate for Tummy tuck and liposuction. With Tummy Tuck it can correct the c section line.Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) is a surgical procedure to make the abdomen thinner and more firm. It consists of removing excess skin and fat tissue and muscle repairing if required. In some patients it can be combined with liposuction. There are several variations of tummy tuck surgery like regular tummy tuck, mini tummy tuck, extended tummy tuck each designed to target certain areas of the abdomen. During the procedure the incision will be made low at about the same level as your pubic hair for the scar to be hidden under bikini level. For improved tightening of the upper abdomen a small incision around belly button might be necessary. Placement of the belly button is very important for a beautiful belly. Tummy tuck operation is also a surgical choice for patients whom want to get rid of love handles. Our experienced plastic surgeons will explain these options and help you find out best treatment plan to reach satisfactory results.Key Points in Tummy Tuck :1.   Placement and shape of belly button2.   Correlation between tummy and pubis3.   Localization of incision under bikini level4.   Formation of a curved waist

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question. Based upon photos provided, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. I offer complimentary consultations to discuss your treatment options. Hope this helps!