8 upper porcelain veneers 10 wks ago, cant bite anything with front teeth, so painful and sensitive, what can i do?

also, very painful gumline with all veneers. I had bite adjusted and antibiotics, nothing has worked. what can i do now , i'm demented !

Painful and sensitive temporary #veneers #DrSoftTouch

It's hard to determine the cause of your pain and sensitivity through an online forum. The best thing to do is to return to your dentist for an evaluation. He/she will determine whether another simple bite adjustment is necessary or if you are in need of root canal therapy. Whatever the case, it's best to return to your dentist sooner rather than later. I hope this helps. Feel free to click to save my name below, in case you have more questions in the future.

Post Operative Pain After Veneers

You did not state whether the pain is chronic (occurs all the time) or only when biting. If the pain is chronic, then the pulps or nerves of the teeth have been compromised. This type of pain may occur before the veneers were placed, and the problem has to do with tooth preparation (severely rotated teeth requiring excessive tooth removal for aesthetics) or the condition of the teeth prior to preparation (deep decay). If you had had no pain after the teeth were prepared (reshaped for the veneers), then the problem is with the bonding of the veneers to the teeth. At any rate, pain that lasts 10 weeks post-operatively is way too long, and if the treating dentist cannot solve the problem, then you should seek a second opinion.

You need to return to the dentist who did your work and let them help you.  If that does not work then a second opinion is in order.  Good luck!

Thomas Roberts, DDS
Seattle Dentist

Pain after veneers

Without pre operative radiographs it is hard to tell you what is going on
i would suggest sensodyne toothpaste.   But if pain continues you may need root canal treatment 

8 upper porcelain veneers 10 wks bite front teeth painful sensitive...what should I do?

You should not be experiencing these problems if your veneers were fitted and bonded into place properly.  If you dentist has not been able to resolve these issues for you after ten weeks, I would recommend that you find a dentist that is experienced in cosmetic dentistry and veneers, and schedule a consultation to have him evaluate your problems, discuss with you, and offer you solutions.  

From your description, the severity of your discomfort/pain will not resolve with time.   Sounds like there is something that needs to be corrected.  

Dr. Gary Braunstein
Encinitas/Carlsbad Ca.