What is the average time in surgery for a combined abdominoplasty with muscle tightening and BBL? Is 4 hrs too short ?

That is about my average time for the two procedures.  However, surgery is not a race.  It is about doing things efficiently to generate the best result and reduce the complications associated with increased anesthesia time.

Surgical time for abdominoplasty and BBL

Timing of surgery mainly depends on your body habitus and how much liposuction is being performed.  If you are an average to small patient, then it could be possible; if you are a larger patient then it may take longer.  What is more important is safety.  As long as the procedures takes less than 6 hours, and you are healthy and medically cleared, then it should be okay.  Best of luck and hope this information helps

Dr. Roger Tsai

Roger Tsai, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

BBL + TT

The actual surgical time to perform a Brazilian butt lift and tummy tuck will be quite variable depending on your height/weight, waist size, amount of excess skin, and number of areas of liposuction.  

Dennis Dass, MD

Average time in surgery

Whether it  takes 4 hrs or 5 1/2 hours to do both procedures, the important thing is the result.  Some surgeons use an assisted surgeon so the surgery time is less.

Fred Suess, MD

What is the average time in surgery for a combined abdominoplasty with muscle tightening and BBL? Is 4 hrs too short?

The time it takes to perform an abdominoplasty and BBL can vary depending on the size of the patient and tummy tuck and the amount of fat to be harvested and transferred.  That said, 4 hours is not necessarily too short.  If you are concerned about this, it would be best to discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

How long does it take to an operation

The length of time to complete an operation varies greatly from surgeon to surgeon.

As a general statement surgeons who are very slow and to be meticulous but not necessarily better than those to move a little faster.

It's also generally true that the surgeons Who operate the very fastest tend to not pay attention to details and tends to cut corners.

The time of surgery is scheduled often is calculated from the time the patient address the operating room until the patient reaches the recovery room.

Of this 30 or more minutes can be involved in putting the patient to sleep, getting surgery ready and waking up the patient.

The time to complete an Abdominoplasty  will very greatly on the size of the patient.

A massive weight loss patient can take twice as long as a petite 95 pound woman

The amount of time will also depend on if the surgeon has an assistant.

The experience of the surgeon also makes a substantial difference.

For example my practice is devoted exclusively pump about suction and fat transfer.

I do these procedures several times a week.

The amount of time for me to do one of these procedures is substantially shorter then it was before I began sub specializing in only these procedures

A full abdominoplasty generally takes between 2 to 4 hours.

A BBL typically takes the same amount of time.

Four hours seems like a short amount of time to do a proper for abdominal plasty in conjunction with a BBL.

There are too many variables to give an accurate answer to your question.

And expedient surgeon with an assistant can accomplish that you stated procedures within four hours on certain candidates and produce good results.

Talk to your surgeon if you have questions or concerns before your procedure.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

4 hours is about riggt

Hi, thank you for your question. 4 hours or so is about right. It depends on your size, how much liposuction will be done, how much grafting is planned, and whether your surgeon will be turning you completely or just tilting you onto your side for the fat transfer. All those factors will affect the time. 

Dr. Weintraub