How to I fix this triple eyelid fold? (photos)

I am a 16 year old Chinese girl who has been dealing with eyelid fold issues for as long as I can remember. Though I naturally have folds, they literally change on a daily basis and I have turned to using eyelid tape to keep them consistent (I wear strips of scotch tape at night). However, long before using tape I've noticed a shallow crease appears on both my eyelids and essentially is deeper set than the higher fold, causing there to be a triple fold. How do I fix this? It's very uncomfortable

Doctor Answers 2

Eyelid folds

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Some patient do indeed have multiple eyelid folds that can become variable depending upon eyelid swelling etc.  Most patients have a single eyelid crease/fold, but not all.  I would try to avoid anything that causes your eyelids to swell (salty foods etc.).  Surgery to improve an eyelid fold can deepen, reset it but when there are multiple folds it can be hard to get rid of all of them because they crease the skin much like paper and its hard to completely remove them.  I would not suggest surgery at this time.

Colorado Springs Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Correctly performed double fold surgery is what you need.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
A properly structured double fold will force the subsidiary crease to tuck under the fold when the eye is open.   This requires an anchor blepharoplasty double fold procedure.  This is how these situations are "fixed."  You need a very experienced double fold surgeon to perform this work.  There is no substitute for a personal consultation and assessment.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.