I'm 13 days post tummy tuck. Does it look like it's healing normally? (Photo)

Hello I am all most two weeks post op from lipo and full tummy tuck and I was curious if it's healing properly. (Images included) I am afraid of infections and nercrosis so I take care of it and follow post op instructions to the best of my ability. Also at what point in time am I out of the woods for necrosis and wound infections? Thank you. :)

2 weeks after tummy tuck

Currently everything looks just fine! Keep following your postoperative instructions and follow up with your plastic surgeon. Your result looks great!

Roswell Plastic Surgeon

Healing time

Thank you for your question.  Based on your pictures, everything looks like it is healing appropriately.  Swelling will subside over the next several weeks.  Areas of frank ischemia generally have manifested by 2 weeks and would have been noticeable by now.  The risk of a wound infection decreases as time passes.  Everything looks good, so feel good about that!  All the best,

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Healing post tummy

From what I can see relax all seems to be well.Your wounds look excellent.I see no pending problems.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Appears to be Doing Well

From what I can see it appears that you are healing normally. If you are13 days out from surgery, then the chances of an ischemic or necrotic area have likely passed.

Continue monitoring with your plastic surgeon. 

How is my abdomen healing?

Thanks for the question.  As best as a Plastic Surgeon can look at several pictures on line and tell how you are doing, I believe you may be doing well.  As always should be done, however, follow up carefully with your Plastic Surgeon.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks posy op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

At this point, 13 days post op, the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.

Kind regards,
Dr. Emma Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Am I healing after TT

Thank you for your question. Based on the pictures you are healing well and express your concerns to your PS

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Looks good!

Everything looks like you're healing well.  Be in touch with your surgeon if you have any concerns.  

It is imperative that you seek the advice of a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and has extensive experience in tummy tuck/abdominoplasty.

I wish you the best.

Dr. Gabbay.

Joubin Gabbay, MD

Looks good

Your incisions appear to be healing well.  The umbilicus seems to be doing great as well.  Based on the pictures, I don't think you have anything to worry about.  At two weeks out from surgery with you abdomen looking the way that it does, I feel that you are out of the woods with regard to experiencing necrosis of any of you tissues.  The appearance of the incision/scar will continue to improve as you move forward.  Also, keep in mind that your final scar won't be apparent until almost a year after surgery as it will continue to improve out to that point.  I hope this helps you rest a little easier.  Things look real nice.  Keep up the good work.