I had Restylane injected between my eyes, this is the 2nd week and its worse, what cab I do? (photos)

My eyes are swelling do to retilane after aweek, what can I do

Restylane - Lumps In My Glabella

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear you are unhappy with your results. Massaging the lumps may help smooth them out. If you are still unhappy, hyaluronidase can be injected to completely dissolve the filler. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for evaluation. Hope this helps.

Swelling after Restylane

Swelling after Restylane is common for the first few days after the injection but if it's still swollen at 2 weeks it is unlikely to improve.  If you don't like the results then you should have the filler dissolved. Best of luck.

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Filler Swelling on Eyes

I suggest reversing the filler if you are getting swelling and are concerned with the results. Best, Dr. Emer.

Lumpiness from Restylane in forehead area

The first thing I would do would be to aggressively massage those areas as you may be able to either dissolve some of the product or smooth it out on your own. I would do that for several weeks and if it still bothers you go back to your doctor and ask if they can dissolve some of the product with hyaluronidase.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane in the upper face

Thank you for your Q and pics.

If you don't lie the effect, then it is time fo it to be dissoluted with hyaluronidase (Vitrase).

Best
Dr. Karamanoukian
#RealSelf100 Member

Restylane between the Eyes

I am so sorry for your problem as it shows that the injection was done too superficially with too much product. Please consult a board certified dermatologist to have Vitrase injected into the area to dissolve it.  Best, Dr. Green

Swelling between brows from restylane

Swelling and lumps from Restylane and other hyaluronic acid fillers can occur and may be due to several causes.  Most commonly superficial injection or too much product can cause a lump; luckily this can be reduce quickly with hyaluronidase injections.  Also, local infections can present as a lump.  And finally, inflammatory nodules can rarely occur later as late as several months after injections.  This is likely too much filler or a small infection.  Have it evaluated and treated by an expert in facial injections.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane and glabella

It is difficult to tell what is going on from the pictures. if you have more than just swelling such as bruising or pain you should return to doctor immediately. it looks like it is overcorrected and can be removed with hyaluronidase or just wait and it will go away. next time use Botox as fillers are not a good choice here

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

I had Restylane injected between my eyes, this is the 2nd week and its worse, what can I do?

Hello Angela munoz,

I don't inject filler between the eyes because of the risk of several serious complications.  In your picture the filler is visible.  I don't know what your eyes looked like before, but if you started getting swelling after the filler injection then it is likely related.  Based on the visible filler and your swelling, I'd recommend you have the product dissolved with hyaluronidase.  LIke several of the other physicians who have answered, I would then recommend you receive Botox to that area as that is the treatment of choice. 

I hope this helps and good luck. 

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling from Restylane

This is not particularly normal to see with injections into the Glabella.  I agree that you should be careful of injecting in this area.  The fortunate thing about restylane is that it can be dissolved with Wydase.
You should probably see a specialist in the face (Double Board Certified Facial Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon) and not someone who cannot handle the complications should there be one.

Roberto E. Garcia, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon