Restylane injection for upper eyelids hollowness, safety and cost in LA? (photos)

As I am getting older the hollowness above my upper eyelids is getting worse. I'm looking into getting filler (HA perhaps, No fat transfer) injected in the areas. I would like to get answers to the following questions: 1. To what degree would the filler solve the problem? Is it safe to inject in the upper eyelids? 2. How long does the result typically last? 3. How much filler would I need (1 synrigde per eye? ) 4. How much does this procedure cost in a case like mine? I'm in Los Angeles.

Restylane is a great dermal filler for upper eyelid hollowing

Thank you for sharing your question and photo. When injected by an experienced injector, Restylane should fill in the hollows of your upper eyelids nicely. A 1cc syringe should be sufficient for helping you. Good luck.

#EyeHollows #filler #restalyne

Jenny,

I see what you are describing in your picture. A small amount of filler placed in this area often makes a incredible improvement. The catch is, its extremely difficult to do right and there are a lot of arteries and nerves in this area that can be permanently damaged. Seek a plastic surgeon thats familiar with injecting in this area.  We charge $699 in our office for such a procedure.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any more questions.

I hope this was helpful,

Dr. Daniel Barrett
Plastic Surgery
Beverly Hills, CA

Daniel Barrett, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Filling hollow upper lids

Filling of the upper lids should only be done by an expert.  A small amount of filler will usually make a big difference; 1 syringe will likely be enough for both eyes.   Do your homework and have a consultation with an expert physician.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Eyelid Fillers - Use Cannulas

This can be done with injections using a cannula. I suggest seeing an expert with experience.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Restylane for Upper Eyelid Hollowing

One syringe of Restylane should be sufficient for treating the upper eyelid hollowing.  This is an experienced technique and you should contact a board certified dermatologist for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Upper Eyelid Filler very effective and safe

Filler injection in upper eyelid, sub-brow area is very effective, safe, and predictable. Using HA, it lasts about 2 years. Usually need about 1 syringe for both upper eyelids. Please see link below for more details and before/after photos.  Also see link for manuscript I have published on upper eyelid filler injection.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hollow upper eyelids

Filler can help this problem but it is very tricky so be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is experienced in fillers.  It is safe.  Cost varies and unfortunately you are in the most expensive area but don't trade expertise for low cost

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Fixing hollow upper eyelids

Hyaluronic acid fillers work very nicely to reduce upper eyelid hollowing and restore a youthful contour between the eyebrows and the eyelids.  In many cases there will be a full correction but this depends on how much filler is required and how much filler is actually used.  Most people require 1/2 to 1 syringe per side.  The results will last for a year or more. 

Make sure you see someone who does this treatment frequently, preferably an oculoplastic surgeon that is intimately knowledgeable about the upper eyelid anatomy. Filler in this area is not for the inexperienced injector.  Please see my link below. 

Brett S. Kotlus, MD, MS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon