Is there any specific wait time between procedures; Rhinoplasty and Mommy Makeover?

I'm wondering if there is any specific amount of waiting time, that should be taken between Rhinoplasty and A Mommy Makeover (Tummy Tuck, Liposuction, Breast Aug + Lift). Ideally I don't want to have too much trouble breathing, which I'm expecting would happen if the procedures were done simultaneously. (Weight on chest along with swelling on nose) not to mention I don't want to increase risks, by making the procedure too long.

Rhinoplasty and Mommy Makeover at the Same Time

Combining a mommy makeover that includes a breast augmentation and a tummy tuck with a rhinoplasty is no a great idea for a number of reasons.  First, operating on your nose a the same time as you are having implants placed could increase your risk for capsule contracture or hardening of your beast implants.  Second, that is a lot of surgery to have at one time.  I would recommend waiting for at least a few weeks in between your surgery.  If you have the mommy makeover first you may want to look into a rapid recovery mommy makeover with a drainless tummy tuck.  That way you would be back and ready for a second surgery in no time.

I have added a video for you here.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Staging Rhinoplasty and Mommy Makeover

It is recommended that you wait 2-3 months between procedures. This will allow your body time to recover from the initial procedure and begin to heal. It is best to discuss this with your plastic surgeon who will be able to judge what's best based on your health and medical history.

Downtime Between Surgeries

Because both the rhinoplasty and mommy-makeover are primarily intended to make you look and feel better, you should try to be as patient as possible with the procedures to get the best long-term results. The longer you allow your body to rest and recuperate in between the two surgeries, the better. Though exact recovery times may vary from patient to patient, I would advise to wait at least 2-3 months between procedures to be on the safe side. 

Sam Rizk, MD

Mommy make over and rhinoplasty

Thank you for your mommy make-over rhinoplasty question.
  • Given the extent of your mommy make-over, I would plan the rhinoplasty separately.
  • The earliest time to have more surgery is 2 weeks but after a mommy make-over you will need a full 6 weeks, possibly more.
  • It depends on whether you heal without setbacks or complications,
  • As well as on your energy - tummy tucks will tire you for about 6 weeks. Best wishes.

3 months may be a reasonable wait time.  Depending upon the complexity of the procedures, your health, and the surgical skill, you may be able to have all of these together.

Timing between "mommy makeover" and rhinoplasty

Hi, thanks for your question and I bet you can't wait for your new body!

In an ideal world it would be preferable to separate all procedures with at least a 6-8 week recovery time in between. That said, it is extremely common to combine a tummy tuck and breast rejuvenation/ enhancement together (mommy makeover) and in relatively young, fit patients I would have no concerns also combining a rhinoplasty at the same time. I have performed this exact combination many times without issue. All patients are reviewed by my anaesthetist pre-operatively, a multi-day hospital stay is usually required and a surgical assistant (sometimes a second plastic surgeon) is often available. 

Placing your trust in a specialist Plastic Surgeon will ensure you make the right decision. You'll be in good hands. 

Rhinoplasty and mommy makeover

You probably would want to wait a few weeks before the second procedure, until bruising and most of the swelling was gone, but there is no arbitrary time to wait, assuming that you are in good health.

John Newkirk, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Your health plays a huge part in deciding surgery.  In general, most patients should wait 90 days plus, after Rhinoplasty before having a Mommy Makeover. Discuss your options with your Plastic Surgeon.  He will be the best judge of this depending on your medical history.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD