RE: Gaunt Face at 25 Years Old - Options?

I posted a question asking about making my face more feminine and less gaunt/old looking and all of the responses were that I had an eating disorder and look anorexic! I am horrified. I would like to clarify that I am 5'10 and fluctuate between 150-160 pounds, sometimes up to 165. I by no means have an eating disorder! I just gain all my weight in my waist and breasts and none in my arms, shoulders or face. How much filler would I need? Would cheek or jaw implants help me? Thank you.

Doctor Answers 4

Gaunt Face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A thin face at age 25 not associated with excessive exercise or an eating disorder is not due to the aging process. It is difficult to visualize your face with the photo you provided because so much of it is blocked to protect your identity. The most likely cause of your concerns is a genetic trait that you inherited from your parents. After a more careful review of your facial features, your plastic surgeon may recommend no treatment, facial fillers or fat grafts, or implants on the cheeks.

Burley Facial Plastic Surgeon

The gaunt face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

From this limited dark photo it is impossible to say what would be best for you.

Sulptra may be an option to fill in the cheek areas. You can look at the referenced web page to see if that is something you would like.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Gaunt face treatment in 25 yr. old.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Gaunt face treatment in 25 yr. old without an eating disorder usually involves chin and or cheek implants. I would need to see more photos of your face to give a better answer. Fillers are not the way to solve your problem!

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

You might also like...

Gaunt Face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You may want to consider a filler such as Sculptra Aesthetic to help fill the volume in your face.  It is surprising how adding a little volume to your face can make such a big difference.  


Good Luck.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.