Will my breasts look about the same as they did almost 11 years ago. Also, what type of pathology and cost after explant?(photo)

Im getting my saline smooth implants removed next Wednesday. Now have a before 11 yrs ago, 2 weeks after, and today. I had saline smooth under muscle 270 right 300 left. Will they look okay after explant? Also I wanted to know what type of pathology can be done to test for mold, cancer, etc. Also, how much does the pathology normally cost, and is it covered by insurance? Thank you so much!

Will breasts 'Snap Back'?

With implant removal, I have been remarkably surprised how well the breast envelope snaps back after implant removal. It is variable, but most of the time the breast envelope returns back closer to its original state more than one would assume. Time will tell.

I am curious as to why you are  seeking an investigation for mold or cancer. The pathology services are available to do fungal cultures or cytology but some insurance companies exclude consequences of cosmetic surgery as not covered. I would discuss this with your plastic surgeon, as I suspect that the chances of cancer or mold are extremely low. 

Explant

Your breasts will most likely not look as they did 11 years ago.  Even if you never had surgery on your breasts, our skin and breast tissue change over time.  This however does not mean that the look will be unacceptable.  Your breast tissue will contract, but the degree to which it does so will depend on the elasticity of your skin, among other factors.  Be patient, it can take several months for your breasts to reach their new baseline after surgery.

Camille Cash, MD

What will my breasts look like?

Hi and thanks for your question. I'm a little surprised that you don't know the costs of pathology from your doctor's office. We include that in our quotes and in some cases it is covered by insurance. Talk to your doctor about it. I remove a lot of breast implants when a woman decides they are no longer for her. With saline, I will often deflate the breast implants and remove the fluid under local anesthesia in the office so that patient can see if living without any implants is something they want to achieve. If they like it, then we schedule to surgery to remove the saline implant. If they want some volume, but not as big (most common scenario), they can choose a smaller implant to exchange. Thanks, Dr. ALDO.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Will my breasts look about the same as they did almost 11 years ago. Also, what type of pathology and cost after explant?

Generally speaking, what your breasts will look like after explantation depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back), the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation).
Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.
Patience is definitely indicated after removal of breast implants; it will take many months for the skin to “bounce back” and for you to see the final appearance of the breasts. In the meantime,
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast implant removal surgery concerns), helps.