Can I scuba dive with a wound in the ocean? (Photo)

Hallo, I had a 4×4 cm open wond in my front head sculp, most of it healed except for asmall area which have light scub layer on it. My q is, is it safe to practice scuba diving in the ocean without subjecting my self to the risk of infection?

If you have an open wound you should see a doctor for treatment. You probably should avoid scuba diving.

If you have an open wound you should see a doctor for treatment. You probably should avoid scuba diving.  Check with your doctor.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Wound on scalp

Scuba diving should be delayed until 1 weeks after the wound has healed and the crusts are gone.  Don't mess with it. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Wound on scalp

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon