Can I scuba dive with a wound in the ocean? (Photo)

Hallo, I had a 4×4 cm open wond in my front head sculp, most of it healed except for asmall area which have light scub layer on it. My q is, is it safe to practice scuba diving in the ocean without subjecting my self to the risk of infection?

If you have an open wound you should see a doctor for treatment. You probably should avoid scuba diving.

If you have an open wound you should see a doctor for treatment. You probably should avoid scuba diving.  Check with your doctor.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Wound on scalp

Scuba diving should be delayed until 1 weeks after the wound has healed and the crusts are gone.  Don't mess with it. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon