Can shampooing twice a day affect a hair transplant?

I had a hair transplant 6 months ago. During the first couple of weeks I followed my surgeon's specific directions and used the special shampoo given. I then went back to my regular anti-dandruff shampoo showering once a day. After the fourth month it got a lot hotter where I live causing me to sweat more and I began Shampooing twice a day up until now. Just wondering if Shampooing twice a day can harm the transplant?

Shampoo to Your Heart's Content

It's perfectly safe to shampoo more frequently than once daily if that's how you stay comfortable in warm weather. At this point, your transplanted follicles should be fully healed, so there's no risk to your results.  

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Washing you hair should not harm transplanted hairs especially after 6 months. If you are concerned see your doctor for a follo

Washing you hair should not harm transplanted hairs especially after 6 months. If you are concerned see your doctor for a follow up.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

6 months following HT

You can shampoo twice a day if that solves your problems. At this stage the hair transplants are fixed even the ones that have not grown out yet.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shampooing twice a day after a hair transplant

There is very little you can do after four months to adversely affect the final outcome of a hair transplant, and there is certainly no problem with shampooing twice a day. In fact, if it makes you feel any better, I have always instructed my patients to begin shampooing twice a day beginning 24 hours after surgery and continuing at least until all the scabs were gone.

I hope this was helpful--
Dr. Ballon

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon