Volbella lip injection bump. Is this normal? (Photo)

Good after-noon, It's been 7 hours since my Volbella lip injection, and was aware that swelling will occur, but I noticed a bump on my top right lip (as seen on the picture ). Is this normal ? will it fade away ? It looks a little bit bruised. I have taken an appointment with the doctor in 3 weeks for another check up. Thank you for your replies

Placement needs to be precise

I'm sorry you're dealing with this however it is too early to know if it is standard soft tissue swelling or product. Juvederm Volbella XC is a fantastic product for this area however is EXTREMELY technique dependent. The meticulous natural and depth of placement is not for the beginning injector. If this product is injected too superficially one can be left with lumps, bumps or blue discoloration. Again, based upon your photo and without in person assessment it is unknown what you are experiencing. I cannot emphasize the importance of going to a provider who is within a top in your region or even country who has performed thousands of filler procedures.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Early days. ICE following Volbella injections.

Lips are notorious for swelling following Volbella or even Restylane. Its early days, probably a bruise. If you notice pain, see the help of your injector. In my opinion anyone who injects should also know how to deal with potential problems as it is in the patient's best care. All the best, Dr Davin Lim .Brisbane, Australia .

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Bumps after injections

There are several reasons for bumps after filler injections and different bumps need different treatments. I recommend that your see the doctor who did the inkections and review your concerns.
I hope that helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Bump after injection

Bumps can appear after a filler treatment, and they usually go away in a couple of days as the product gets absorbed by your body. However, we recommend you wait it out for about two weeks, and if the bump is still there, return to your injector. They can massage it away (don't do this on your own).

Lip bumps after filler injection

It is not unusual to have a firmness or bump in the lip after filler injection in the first 1-2 weeks, and the vast majority disappear on their own. Sometimes its just a bruise, and other times its a bit too much filler placed in one area or possibly not massaged enough. If it is filler, you can press it firmly yourself to disperse it, or if worried, have your dermatologist take a look in say 5-7 days when any bruising would have already disappeared.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon