Down Time After Getting Electronic Meso Needling (Derma Pen)?

I got meso needling 4 days ago (1.5mm needle), and was wondering how long the down time would be. I was told by the nurse to keep the area moisturised ( with a product called IPlase) so that the dead skin would not peel off too early, but by day 3 the skin was flaking off but revealed pink sensitive skin. It's starting to scale over again and turn brown. Very worried that I might pigment. Areas of concern are my cheeks to my nose, under my eyes there is slight bruising and bruising on bridge)

Down time with Dermapen?

I own two Demapen type devices and don't use them. What I do use is the ProCell system, as it doesn't hurt and has minimal, if any down time. The smaller diameter devices such as Dermapen and Eclipse are frequently used with a dragging, rather than tapping motion. 
This can cause a "cat-scratch" type effect. The tips of these devices are very small, so in order to cover a significant surface area within a reasonable amount of time, a tapping motion is not as effective.  The ProCell has a larger tip surface area, so your treatment time is far less than with conventional devices. The disposable tips snap on and off, so there is no concern about device cleaning or biologic residual left from the previous treatment. Tip sizes can be changed for small regions (eyelids) vs. large regions (knees).
  Maximum down time with Procell after an average treatment--three passes on the face after topical, then application of a topical hyaluronic or DefenAge dermaceutical--for me is 24-48 hours. Even then there are no red patches. Due to the tapping motion, there is almost no pain if topical is left on for 45 minutes prior to treatment. 

Fort Collins Plastic Surgeon