Would getting a thigh lift help with skin starting to sag around my knees?

I'm interested in a thigh lift procedure . I have some excess skin that won't go away with exercise. I did lose 60 lbs awhile back. But I wanted to know if it helps with skin starting to sag around my knees. I'm also 47

Thigh lift has some effect on excess knee skin.

Thigh lifts give the most benefit to the excess, loose skin in the upper, inner thigh.  Depending on the length of the incision,  some benefit can be achieved in the skin around the knees but this is not the main area of improvement.  At your consultation, you can express your wishes and your surgeon can illustrate what could be accomplished.

Most noticeable improvements visible in the thighs

Thigh lifting surgery is designed to eliminate excess skin and soft tissue of the thighs.  Unfortunately, the tissues just above the knees are least affected (least improved) by a thigh lift.  However, you may still derive significant benefits from the procedure, especially in the upper and inner thighs.  Consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon will help you decide whether your expectations from the surgery can be met with a thigh lift.

Daniel M. Calloway, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Thigh/knee lift

The answer is "probably",it depends a lot on what your thighs and knees look like and where the deformity is.Most patients have loose,ugly hanging skin on the inner thighs,others the entire thigh might need treatment.Most thigh lifts involve an incision and removal of tissue from the upper inner thigh down to or beyond the knee, so the knees are usually tightened as well .A comprehensive consult with a board certified experienced plastic surgeon could tell you easily what the options,scars and expectations would likely be.

Robert Savage, MD (retired)
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

The Management Of Saggy Knee Tissue

Medial thigh lift surgery primarily impacts the upper and inner thighs. Rarely, when thigh lift incisions are extended to the knee, this area can be impacted as we

It's important to remember that thigh lift surgery can occasionally be tailored to address this type of problem. If you're concerned about redundant saggy knee tissue, it's important to discuss this issue with your plastic surgeon. Your surgeon may be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your concerns.

A thigh lift can be appropriate for this purpose. I would search for the surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results. Look at reviews and before and after pictures on that surgeon's website.

Thigh Lift

Congratulations on your weight loss! The thigh is often addressed as two parts, the inner thigh and the outer thigh. The outer thigh is often improved with a lower body lift and the inner thigh is improved with a vertical thigh lift. Depending on where the laxity is around the knee you may need some combination of procedures. Make sure you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in body contouring after weight loss! Good luck!

Jeffrey Gusenoff, MD
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon