What Do You Know About Fractora and Does It Do Everything They Say It Does? Any Down Sides to the Procedure?

What is Fractora and what does it do

I am the first physician in Nevada to have Fractora by Invasix. I've had it for about a month, and truly, LOVE IT. I have done about 10 patients so far, varying in reasons for treatment from fine lines and wrinkles, to severe wrinkles, to tremendous acne scarring, to light acne scarring. So far the results are great. I have my technicians do the very low setting procedures with just a topical numbing cream, and I do the higher settings after blocking the patients with lidocaine. The treatments done on low settings will need to be done probably 3-5 times (a series), the higher setting ones, hopefully will need 1-2 treatments for full effects. The best part about these procedures is that there are different treatment tips for treating different depths and sizes, so it's customizable, as well as the strength of the radio frequency going in. This allows us to treat darker skinned patients better, safer, and more effectively than we can with other machines. Down sides would be definitely a few days of redness, some swelling, and some pain, but again, that depends on which treatment settings are being used - if you are good to do more treatments and have less downtime, that's fine and you'll recover much faster, but some people want the max they can do and take a few days to recover. I've tried many other fractional and ablative laser treatments over the years, and comparably to those, Fractora is by far the best and yielding the best results I've seen.

Fractora Laser Treatment

Thank you for your question. Fractora uses RF to deliver energy to the skin layers, and below to generate heat and initiate skin change and collagen remodeling and stimulation. There are many RF devices on the market, and this one , like many others has a following. Like most products, the claims are overstated, and the results vary widely depending on the level of sun damage. Thus, I recommend you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and determine if the Fractora is your best option, or if surgery is a better option, or something else. The issues will be whether there is muscle issues that only surgery can fix, or if it just skin issues, then is CO2 an option, or is there something else to consider. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon