I would like upper blepharoplasty performed on one eye only. Will surgeons typically do this and how much would it cost? (Photo)

Unilateral blepharoplasty procedure

On rare occasions, a unilateral blepharoplasty can be performed. A full set of photographs  and an in-person examination are required to make that determination

Facial Asymmetry

It is very unusual to perform unilateral blepharoplasty. The angle of your photo makes it difficult to asses the difference between the right and left upper eyelid. A frontal full face photo would be more helpful. On preliminary review it looks like your eyebrows are at different heights. This can contribute to the difference in the eyelids. I suggest an evaluation by an Oculoplastic surgeon in your local area. 

Vikram D. Durairaj, MD FACS
Austin, Tx

Vikram Durairaj, MD
Austin Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery

While it is more common to treat both eyes at the same time. in some instances, I suppose one eye alone can be treated.

Blepharoplasty on one side

Hi. While upper lid blepharoplasty is usually performed as a bilateral procedure, it can certainly can be performed on one side if necessary. Every patient is unique, and eyelid surgery should be customized appropriately. Due to the angle of your photo, it  is difficult to tell if unilateral blepharoplasty is best for you. An in person consultation can determine your best options. Hope this helps. Best regards, Ira Vidor, M.D.

Ira Vidor, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper eyelid lift one eye only

This can be done but it is much harder to try and create some symmetry to your upper lids so doing both would be better but I have done one eye only on rare circumstances.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Maybe but your posted photo is of NO HELP! Best to seek in person examinations and opinions. Fee might be $2,000 range.

Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty: One Eye or Two?

Generally speaking, upper eyelid blepharoplasty is better performed on both eyes to prevent a worsening of asymmetry.  However, every case is unique and a definitive answer cannot be given over the internet with one photo.  Seek out a consultaton with a Facial Plastic Surgeon for further informatiomn.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty performed on one eye only

If you only have an issue with one eyelid and the other one is fine, there is no reason why you could not have surgery on one eyelid only.  Factors that influence cost include time required, the complexity of the case, and the geographic location.   Would be best to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in order to sort all of this out.  Hope that helps - 

Blepharoplasty on one eyelid

Thank you for sharing your question. Typically, patients who have asymmetrical hooding need bilateral blepharoplasty, but much more skin removed on one eyelid compared to the other. With that said, I have performed single eyelid blepharoplasty on numerous patients. See an experienced Board-certified Oculoplastic Surgeon for comprehensive evaluation and discussion of proper treatment plan tailored to your specific needs.
Good luck,