I got the wrong porcelain crown color. They were supposed to ge bl2. What can I do? (photos)

What can I do? My dentist ceramist messed up the colot. Dentist refuses to fix. I got a bl3 at best. 

Doctor Answers 3

Wrong shade

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The first question is why did you let them cement a crown that was the wrong color? Once a crown is cemented the only way to change it is to cut off the crown and remake it. I suggest having a conversation with your dentist and discussing your concerns. Most dentists will be reasonable and want to make you happy. If you and your dentist can't come to an agreement you may need to find another dentist who has the ability to custom shade restorations.

Dallas Dentist

Unhappy with color of #crowns #DrSoftTouch

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello there,
I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your results. You photos are a bit blurry, but from what I can see your smile looks great! Unfortunately, the time to change the shade of your crowns was before they were permanently cemented. If you are unhappy with the shade of your crowns, they would need to be replaced. This would involve your dentist cutting your current crowns off and having new ones made. I would suggest speaking with your dentist again about your concerns. Often times, the worst thing to do is to cut off the lines of communication with your dentist because you are upset. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Not many options

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Well the only thing you can do is whiten your teeth on the other side to match.  If you were my patient I would have given you a mirror to confirm you liked the shade before cementing.  Your only other option is to have them redone but you just paid for those and I am assuming you don't want to do that.

Joseph Proscia, DDS
Bonita Springs Dentist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.