What is a lite-lift?

Mini lift

It is probably a mini lift procedure.  However, sometimes less is less especially in facelift surgeries.  Minimal lifts may have a nice effect in the short term but over the course of a year show little longterm improvement.  Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon.  

Lite Lift?

The "Lite Lift" is a trademarked term used for marketing purposes by a practice in California.  It appears to be a variant of a short scar facelift.  It's not important what a procedure is called.  What matters is the surgeon who is performing the procedure, and doing the appropriate procedure on a patient based on their initial presentation and what goals they are trying to achieve.  I would focus on the doctor and the before/after photos, and not the actual names of procedures offered.  I hope that's helpful.

Dr. Michael Epstein
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

LiteLift, Mini Lift, QuikLift, MACS Lift, Lifestyle Lift, S-Lift: a Short-Scar Face Lift; oh my!

Dear StH209: Thanks for your question. There are 2 basic actions in a surgical facelift:
  1. Skin excess redraping and removal using an incision around the ears
  2. Internal soft tissue repositioning
All other procedures are considered non-surgical and minimally invasive such as peels, laser, volume fillers.Other minimally invasive options for patients not needing skin reduction include: 
  • Silhouette InstaLift
  • ThermiTIGHT
  • Sculptra
  • Obagi's ZO Skin Health 
In general, if you can pinch more than an inch of skin along the jawline toward the earlobe, you will require an incision and skin reduction. The more skin laxity an individual has, the longer the scar around the front and back of the ear and along the side-burn and posterior hairline in order to redistribute the edge of the skin lifted and reduce the bulky darts and pleats left behind by a short scar with too much skin removal. Other procedures like eyelid lift, brow lift, rhinoplasty, neck lift, etc are in addition to the "face" lift. I will presume the "Lite-Lift" is a surgeon's marketing term for a limited incision lift as I have not heard of this variation before. The recent resurgence of the S-Lift (created in the early 1900's), also called by other names as the Short-Scar Lift, Quick-Lift, Lifestyle-Lift, Swift-Lift, Soft-Lift, MACS-Lift and others; are a single modification of the S-lift targeted to elevate sagging lower cheeks jowls and lateral upper neck. The shorter scar, limited undermining and second layer lift achieve the "quicker" procedure but not necessarily the quicker recovery or the improvement you desire.  
I hope the above has been helpful. All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

light-lift?

Mini lifts tend to give mini results, therefore we rarely ever performed them. In our practice, we perform a high-SMAS face and neck lift for a comprehensive facial and neck rejuvenation. Shop quality, not price since this is your face. For many  before and after examples, please see the link and the video below

Lite lift

Hello and thank you for your question. This is a marketing term for a short scar facelift.  I highly recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon with a good reputation in consultation rather than simply following a marketing term to an unknown physician.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

What is a lite-lift?

Hello StH209,You will see a lot of marketing gimmicks when it comes to facial rejuvenation.  The lite-lift is one of those.  It is most likely a short scar, S, lifestyle, or mini lift.  These are all essentially the same thing which involves correcting mainly the jowls with an incision in front of the ears extending around them slightly.  These traditionally don't do much if anything for the neck.  The key is to find a surgeon who you feel comfortable with and you like the before and after photos.  This way you can get an idea of what to expect afterwards.  It is also important that the doctor is not giving you a one size fits all treatment as the appropriate way to approach facial rejuvenation is by customizing it to the patient.  This may mean you need your neck, jowls, cheeks, and outer brow lifted, or maybe just your jowls.  Choosing the right procedure for the right person is key.  I'd recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon or a plastic surgeon who does a lot of facial work.I hope this helps and good luck. 

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lite Lift - Marketing Term

It is a marketing term for a mini facelift. Consult in person with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon who can allow you to understand your options clearly. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Facelifting #woundhealing #cosmeticsurgery #BOTOX #tmbcosmeticsurgery

Dear StH209There are many terms for surgical procedures!  It is important that you get the results you are looking for .With Warm RegardsTrevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Not sure...

Thank you for the great question! There are a lot of terms floating out there to describe different facelift techniques for marketing purposes. There's the "lite-lift", "quick-lift", and "mini-lift" to name a few. Most of these procedures are abbreviated forms of an actual facelift. Because they aren't the real deal, the results you're able to get from them are often short lived as well. Depending on what type of change you are hoping to get from your facelift I would make sure the surgeon you see does a SMAS plication or deep plane type facelift. Ask to see before and after photos and make sure you know how long after surgery the photos were taken. I hope this helps and best of luck in your area.~Dr. Sieber