I have scleroderma. Crest. Is Restylane or Juvederm safe for nasolabial folds?

Can dermal fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm be used in patients with autoimmune disease?

Thank you for asking your question. Restylane and Juvederm can be used in patients with autoimmune disease. Discuss this with your rheumatologist in case you have any unique  issues. Good luck. 

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Autoimmune Diseases and Facial Cosmetic Injections

I would definitely prefer that you consult your rheumatologist before you consider having these facial injections.  There are many times that injections are contraindicated with patients with autoimmune diseases. Please check with your treating physician.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Scleroderma/CREST and Fillers

You can get fillers if you have crest I find the best ones are ones that are reversible and do not build collagen like HA fillers.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

SCleroderma and injections

There is no absolute contraindications to fillers and Botox but check with your rheumatologist to be sure there is no problem in your case. the idea arose decades ago when injectable collagen was invented and autoimmune diseases were called collagen diseases but there has been a great deal of information since then

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Safety Restylane

Thank you for your question. In my experience Restylane has been safe in patients with many forms of collagen vascular disease. I would highly recommend that you consult with your Rheumatologist to be absolutely safe and be sure he or she has no concern and gives you the green light before any treatment
Best of Luck

Lee A. Gibstein, MD