Arm lift, or CoolSculpting? (Photo)

I have lost 125 lbs. I am unhappy with my arms. They rub me. And just with how they look overall. Am I a good candidate for an arm lift or would coolscuplting work for me? I am 30. 5'5 And I weigh 179 now, But working on losing about 15 more lbs before anything is done. Thank you.

Arm lift, or CoolSculpting?

Thank you for your question and congrats on your weight loss.  Based on your photos, you would  be a good candidate for an arm lift once you reach your stable ideal weight.  The extent of excess skin that you have would require an arm lift, not cool sculpting.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Arm lift, or CoolSculpting?

Congratulations on your weight loss!!  I would suggest an arm lift as it looks like more loose skin then fat.   Coolsculpting won't target the loose skin, it only takes away the fat deposits.

Mahmood Kara, MD

CoolSculpting is not the answer

Congratulations on your weight loss and thank you for the photos. They are very helpful. You have a significant excess of skin and perhaps some fat in your upper arms. Anything short of a formal arm lift - brachioplasty - will almost certainly prove disappointing for you. CoolSculpting will do nothing to help your upper arms and could result in some strange contour deformities. Your board certified plastic surgeon can educate you on the procedure. Good luck.

Dr C

Cool Sculpting or brachioplasty?

Losing 125 pounds is a remarkable achievement.You should be congratulated. Considering the amount of weight you have lost and what I can see from your pictures it seems that your skin has done quite well.
Judging from your photographs it appears that the major problem is excess skin not excess fat. I am certain that you would be disappointed with the results of any noninvasive procedure. A well designed and well executed brachioplasty would be your best option.It will be important to consult with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who performs brachioplasty on a regular basis. Although achieving an optimal scar in this area is challenging an experienced surgeon will now how to customize the procedure to your needs and hopefully provide you with the best outcome possible. Good luck

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Arm Lift

Congratulations on your weight loss! You appear to be a good candidate for a brachioplasty to remove excess skin and fat. I would not waste your money for any non surgical procedure that would not provide a pleasing result in your case- in my opinion. Seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person exam

Armlift - brachioplasty - liposuction - coolsculpting?

Thank you very much for posting your pictures. Although coolsculpting will reduce somewhat the amounts of fat, it will have a limiting effect on the shape. In my experience you could be a good candidate for  s short-scar brachioplasty (the scar is limited to the armpit) in combination with liposuction. This way the redundant fat and skin will be removed, without leaving these disfiguring scars along the upper arm. Discuss these options during your in-person consultation with your plastic surgeon. I hope this helped.

Best wishes

Bianca Knoll, MD
Frankfurt Plastic Surgeon