Where can I find a surgeon that has experience performing Chondrolaryngoplasty/ tracheal shave?

I'm finding it difficult to locate doctors that perform a tracheal shave. I've contacted ear/nose/throat plastic surgeons with no luck. I'd rather not travel to Boston or to another state if there are local doctors that can do this procedure. Any help would be awesome! I'm looking to have this done as well as rhinoplasty and some form of chin augmentation to make it more feminine.

Tracheal shave reduces prominence of the Adam's apple

A tracheal shave reduces the prominence of the Adam's apple. It is a procedure that many facial plastic surgeons are familiar with. I would be happy to see you to discuss this procedure.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Where do you live?

I'd be happy to see if there is somebody near you that could perform the procedure. Where do you live? I do them in Salt Lake City.

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Where do you live?

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Finding a surgeon for tracheal shave

Hi,

Thanks for your question. It is important to find a surgeon experienced in this and, unfortunately, not all plastic surgeons are comfortable performing it. One place to start are online transgender message boards. This community will usually know which surgeons commonly perform these surgeries in various areas. I perform them in Austin, Texas and I know that more and more surgeons in your region (the North East) are starting to perform them as they get more experience with facial feminization procedures. 

All the best in your journey,

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Finding a surgeon for tracheal shave

Hi,

All the best in your journey,

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Tracheal Shave

While a tracheal shave is not a difficult procedure, it is not commonly done by many plastic surgeons. If your local plastic surgeons do the procedure it should be listed on their websites. If not you may have to travel to find a plastic surgeon who has considerable experience in doing them. It would be very common to perform other facial procedures with a tracheal shave to create a softer feminine look or as part of an overall facial reshaping effort.

Tracheal Shave

Tracheal shave etc.

I do several of these per month as well as TG femininization. This is a rare surgery for most surgeons that is why you have trouble finding one. 

Tracheal shave etc.