Fat Transfer to Hips? (photo)

Hi =) I've always hated my hips because I have a visible gap between my thighs. I've been searching on the internet lately and found out it's called hip dip. I also know that it's normal to have some gap between the thighs but in my case it's really a huge gap that gives my hips a unnatural shape. The only way to get rid of it may be to transfer fat to the area so what I'm wondering is how much fat would be needed to fill in this gap?

Fat Transfer to Hips?

It usually takes between 200 cc and 400 cc per hip to achieve this improvement.  I do this all the time with the Brazilian buttlift and liposuction cases.  Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of liposuction and fat grafting procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction and Fat Injection for Hip Dips

The best results for the classic hip dip is a combination of liposuction above and below it and fat injections in between. You may not have enough fat elsewhere to harvest for all the fat you would need to do it alone. So combining it with less augmentation by doing peripheral liposuction reduction makes for a more assured contour change.

Fat transfer to the hips

With the limited views on the photos provided, it may be better liposuction above and below the area of concern. An examination with full views of your torso and thighs would be helpful to see if liposuction would help with your "hip dip." Thanks for sharing your question and photos. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Hip Dip

You have the classic hip dip.

Depending on the final look you desire, this can be treated with liposuction above it and fat transfer to the dip area.