Saggy chicken skin on neck and decolletage? (Photo)

I hate the way my skin looks on my neck and décolletage. It has a chronic reddened appearance and there are bumps all over it. It is also saggy looking compared my face. What can I do to improve the appearance of my neck and décolletage?

Neck Lift

Thank you for your question. Laser resurfacing is applied to the undersurface of the neck and jowl skin. The energy emitted by the laser actually shrinks the excess tissues and skin of the neck to restore taut jaw and necklift. This is often called the 'shrink wrap' method and it replaces the need to surgically cut away or remove any of the excess or sagging facial tissues. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck Lift Will Tighten Skin; Lasers Even Out Pigmentation and Wrinkles

You have brought up two important issues about neck aging. The first is the quality of the skin, which tends to degrade with age. This can be remedied with laser treatment, which will smooth out the bumps and crepey texture as well as stimulate collagen production. I would recommend doing this before proceeding to a neck lift, which will address your sagging. Depending on the degree of sagging, you may not only need excess skin and fat removed, but also may need to have the platysmal muscle tightened. Neck lifts usually last 10 years. I hope this helps.

Neck procedure

Hi Laura,There are multiple things that you can do to improve the saggy skin on your neck and décolletage.  These range from nonsurgical to surgical.  Often an excellent result can come from a combination of both. A lower facelift or necklift is indicated to lift the skin and to mechanically put this into a good position and to decrease sagginess and wrinkling.  Following this, either fractionated laser or intense pulse light modalities can be used to improve the chronic skin redness and its texture.Best,Warwick Nettle

Neck/Chin Sagging and Fat – Lipo, ThermiRF/VASER, Thermage/Ultherapy, Kybella, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift

I treat neck and chest laxity with a combination of VASER Hi Def Lipo with ThermiRF/other skin tightening treatments, and filler to sculpt the jawline. Quality of skin can be improved with lasers and good skin care. the chest does very well with ultherapy, which is an approved ultrasound device for skin tightening and sculptra injections to build collagen. I suggest seeing an expert for a formal consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Face and neck lift candidate

When patients have significant loose and inelastic skin on the neck along with fatty deposits in the same location, they are a candidate for a lower face and neck lift. The goal of a lower face and neck lift in our practice is to tighten loose facial and neck skin, tighten loose facial and neck muscles, lift the jowls, and remove any fatty deposits in the neck. For more information  and many examples, please see the video and the link below

Saggy Neck And Texture/Color of Decolletage

Let's first discuss your neck.  Based on your photo, and without the opportunity to examine you in person, it appears that you might benefit from a neck lift to address the sagginess that you state you dislike.  With a neck lift, a neat, clean jawline and smooth neck area is produced via surgical techniques that snug the skin and, if necessary, address the platysmal bands.  In regard to the skin of your decolletage, a laser treatment would be advisable to address the color and texture.  With these two modalities, an improved appearance of your neck and chest area is obtainable.  Please, however, be very careful in doing your research to find a board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience on the face (not just the body).  Read his or her reviews, and study his or her educational background and hospital affiliation.  Some surgeons will also conduct consultations over the phone, so you do not necessarily need to be confined to your geographic region.  

Neck Re

Thank you for your question.  Neck Rejuvenation is often used in conjunction with a Concept™ Facelift, in order to provide rejuvenation to the whole area.  Younger patients with tight skin elasticity may be able too just have neither face lift and neck lift, however normally when patients lose skin elasticity facelift and neck lift will be combined to ensure continuity.   Neck Rejuvenation can include tightening the platysma muscle which can be an extra procedure which some patients may need to ensure a tight contour neck.  Tightening of the platysma muscle (also know as platysmaplasty) will require a small incision under the chin away from direct view to gain access to the front edge of the muscle on the neck; they are sutured together with permanent stitches.  The muscles of the neck are the foundations and building blocks of the neck are fundamental to achieving a tight and toned result. Alternatively, some patients may need neck liposuction, for those who have excess fat under the chin.  Overall, to obtain the best results a combination of neck rejuvenation procedure maybe needed.  I perform my facelift and neck lift under local anaesthetic, meaning minimal bruising and swelling is experienced by patients.  This significantly reduces the recovery time experienced, therefore patients being able to return to their daily lives with public view within 5-7 days.  This is why it is important to have a comprohensive consultation with a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.
Best Wishes