Do you need a neck compression garment after Kybella?

Do you need a neck compression garment? after Kybella

Using a neck compression garment after Kybella

You don't need a neck compression garment after Kybella. However, I always provide my patients with one because they tend to be more comfortable if they wear in overnight the first couple days after treatment. I don't think that it changes the overall result if you choose to not wear it. 

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella

You don't need neck compression.  I simply have my patients use ice to help reduce swelling in the area which has been helpful.

Neck compression after Kybella

I do not recommend neck compression after Kybella injections, as I do not find it particularly helpful.  The inflammatory response Kybella induces is typically most pronounced in the first few days after injections, and usually takes a few weeks to resolve completely.  I find that the inflammatory response tends to be less pronounced with subsequent treatments, likely because there are fewer fat cells for Kybella to dissolve.
My post-Kybella recommendations include icing, sleeping elevated, and massage of the treated areas starting at a few days after injections.  I recommend you touch base with your injecting physician for clarification on post-procedure instructions.  Good luck!

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck Compression and Kybella

You definitely do not need neck compression or really want it after Kybella. The swelling that you get after the injections is from the chemical reaction of the fat being destroyed. You would not want to put pressure again the neck during this process.  Simply icing the area and sleeping with your head elevated are all that are recommended.  It is very important to find an expert in this permanent procedure.  Best, Dr. Green

Neck compression garment & Kybella

No, I don't think that a neck compression garment is necessary. Some surgeons prescribe one for comfort at night. Icing, however, is a must. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Compression garment after Kybella

Thank you for your question.  The use of compression garments should not affect the results in any meaningful fashion.  However, you may find that the discomfort level is reduced with compression, i.e. neck garments.

Kybella & neck garments

Thank you for your question. No, you are not required to get a neck compression garment after Kybella. After a Kybella treatment, I tell my patients to ice the areas to help reduce the swelling. The procedure will work on its own so a compression garment is not necessary.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Kybella

Thank you for your question in regards to Kybella. No, it is not necessary to wear a compression garment after Kybella injections. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

What to expect after Kybella injections

No you do not need to wear a neck compression garment after Kybella injections. I provide my patients with ice packs to apply immediately after the injections in the office for about 10 - 15 minutes. The ice will help cool down and soothe the treatment area, as well as help to decrease swelling. You can continue to ice the area for the next 24 hours to help with swelling. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS