Does drinking alcohol (moderate or excessive) affect the result of Kybella during the weeks the deoxycholic acid is working?

since the liver is working to dissolve the fat does drinking alchol and eating fatty food affect the result? and if so for how long should you not drink or eat fat? thanks

Alcohol consumption with Kybella

Thank you for your question chloelattman. I understand your concern. Kybella is the first and thus-far only FDA-approved non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. I recommend that my patients avoid alcohol consumption for 24 hours after a treatment as alcohol consumption can bring blood to the skin and possible exacerbate any swelling. It is important to maintain a healthy diet and consume alcohol in moderation.

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alcohol consumption with Kybella

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Kybella & Alcohol

Assuming that you are in good health with a functioning liver then no, drinking alcohol should not affect your Kybella results. Having said that, it is always smart to follow a sensible diet, one not high in excess fat or alcoholic beverages. Better for your skin, your waistline and your health.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kybella & Alcohol

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Alcohol and Kybella

Alcohol should definitely not affect Kybella injections.  Kybella dissolves deoxycholic acid which is not influenced by alcohol use. Best, Dr. Green

Alcohol and Kybella

Alcohol will not affect the result of Kybella

As long as you have a normal functioning liver, there is not going to be any decreased effect to your Kybella treatments. As always, it is important to take care of your body to maximize your results, so keep that in mind. Best of luck to you. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Effect of alcohol on Kybella

The answer to all of your questions is no.  Kybella has caused cell death within hours of injection, so later alcohol ingestion will not impact its immediate effect, nor would it during those first couple of hours.   The destroyed cells and the fat contents are processed through your lymphatics and liver metabolism over a period of several weeks to a month. The amount produced would be so small relative to the body that there should be no concerns about alcohol consumption during this period.  But hey, everything in moderation!

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Effect of alcohol on Kybella

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon